Asking

Blake's P.O.V
2 weeks earlier

Anna was still in hospital recovering. I had to do this. On my way home I'd called at Anna's. I knocked on the door her dad answered. "Hi Blake you ok?"
"I'm good thank you I just to see you guys were"
"Come on in" we went in and sat down. "How was Anna?" He asked me.
"She was doing really well they said she'll be able to come home in about a week"
"Thank God she's doing ok. My little girl is getting better"
"Can I ask you something?"
"Of course"
"I really love your daughter. She's everything I've every dreamed of... I really just want to make her happy"
"What is it Blake?"
"I want to marry your daughter" I said taking a deep breath.
"You're asking me if you can propose to my daughter"
"Yeah I know it's old fashioned but just felt like I had to because I love her so much and I know we're young but we don't have to have the wedding right away. I just want her to know I'm committed to her and I love her"
"You know what Blake I always thought I'd be that dad that never approved of his daughters boyfriend because I never thought anyone was good enough for my little girl. But now I've met you and i think you're perfect for her. I trust you with her. So yes of course I give you permission to propose"
"Really? You give us your blessing"
"I do because I know how much Anna loves you and you treat her right. Do you already have the ring?"
"Yeah I do" I took the ring out my pocket and showed him.
"Wow this is beautiful"
"It's my grandmothers it's been handed down for generations now it's Anna's turn to have it" He handed me back the ring I put it into my pocket.
The door shut and Anna's mum walked in "Sorry I'm late we were really busy at work. Oh hey Blake are you ok?"
"Yeah I'm ok, are you?"
"Yeah I'm good. Have you seen Annabelle?"
"Yeah I did she's doing well they said she might be able to come home in a week" Her face lit up.
"Really Anna's coming home?"
"Yeah she is"
"I just wanted to ask you both if I could take Anna to Italy for her birthday and our anniversary. I know she's always wanted to go"
"Um" they looked at eachother and smiled. "If the doctors say she's able to travel we haven't got a problem"
"Thank you so much. I should get going"
"OK thanks calling in"
Her dad followed me to the door.
"I'll keep what was said between you and me. I won't tell her mum or Beth they'll end up telling her"
"Thank you"
"Don't worry about it. Just make her happy"
I went home, when I opened the door my mum was there.
"How'd it go?"
"Anna's doing great she'll probably be coming home in a week"
"That's amazing news. How'd it go with her dad?"I just smiled. "So he said yes then"
"He did" she smiled, she engulfed me into a big hug. "Awh my boy is growing up"
"You haven't told Abbie or anyone yet have you"
"No and I won't until you've done it. When are you going to do it?"
"In Italy she's always wanted to go to Italy so"
"You checked with the doctors and her parents it was ok to take her didn't you"
"Yeah it's all good"

Back to now
Anna's P.O.V
"Annabelle Elizabeth Brooks, I don't tell enough how much I love you. And that's why I got you this" he took a ring case out his pocket. He got down on one knee. I put my hands over my face and a few tears rolled down my cheeks. "I know we're young but Annabelle Elizabeth Brooks will you marry me?" I was breathing heavy and I nodded. "Yes" I put out my left hand and he put the ring on. As he stood up he wrapped his arms around my waist, picked me up and spun me around. "I love you so much" I said. I lent down and kissed him. He lowered me down, still kissing me. He pulled out the kiss and said "I love you so much too"
We spent the rest of the day together shopping and having so much fun together. We went back to the hotel at 5pm. When we walked in the door, I through the bags on the floor and Blake through himself on the bed. "What do you want to do tonight?" He asked. I climbed on the bed and lay next to him.
"What do you mean?" I said smiling cheekily at him.
"I ment going in the pool or a romantic meal. But I like your thinking"
"No no I think we should go in the pool" I smiled at him. He stuck his bottom lip out. Then I kissed him, he pulled me on top of him.

***
The next day we flew home, the whole flight I was staring at my ring. "I take it you like it then"
"I don't like it I love it. It's gorgeous. Where did you get it?"
"It was my grandmothers but now it's yours"
"She was fine with you giving it me?"
"Of course she loves you"
"I didn't think your family liked me"
"Of course they do they won't have a bad word said about you they love you alot they can't wait for you to be apart of the family"
"I can't believe I'll be a Richardson"
"Annabelle Richardson it sounds perfect"

We landed and went back to mine because I really wanted to tell my family about me and Blake. I unlocked the door I left my bags at the door my mum and dad were at home in the living room. I grabbed Blake by the hand and pulled him along behind me. I kept my left hand behind my back. "Hi guys we're back"
"Anna" my mum said standing up and hugging me I gave her a one arm hug or my dad would have seen the ring.
"How was Italy?" She stepped back and sat back down, me and Blake sat on the sofa opposite and I put my hand under my thigh. I turned and looked at Blake and smiled.
"It was absolutely amazing, and that leads on to what I wanted to tell you" he squeezed my hand tight. "Yesterday we went to Milan Cathedral-"
"That must have been nice" mum said I smiled.
"It was. I was taking photos, of course. When Blake took me by the hands and..." I shuffled to the edge of the sofa and I took my hand from underneath my thigh and showed it to them, I had the biggest smile on my face. My mum looked confused for a second then she realised, her eyes widened, she smiled and took a deep breath. My dad looked at Blake and smiled and gave him a nod, Blake did the same back at him.
"Oh my goodness it's a gorgeous ring. Danny look it's beautiful" she said signalling to my dad.
"It is"
"Bloody hell dad don't show to much interest in my life"
"Anna calm down he already knew" Blake said leaning forward putting his arm round me. I turned to him "what do you mean?"
"I asked your dad if I could propose to you, he already knew I was going to propose and he's already seen the ring." He turned to my mum "But Alison don't take affence about you not knowing only 3 people knew. Danny, of course I had to ask his permission. My grandmother, because it's her ring. And my mum, I wanted to check she was ok with it. My sister didn't know and we're so close"
"You asked my dad for permission to propose?" I said to him
"Yeah" he said with a worried tone.
"That's so sweet" I lent in and kissed him just for a second because my parents were there. "You're the best boyf-" I stopped myself "fiancé. You're the best fiancé"
We stayed there for a bit telling my parents about Italy and how amazing it was.
After a few hours we decided to go to Blake's and tell his family, well mainly his sister.
It was basically the same as my parent, when we went in we sat down and I told them. "Yesterday in front of the Milan Cathedral Blake took me by the hands and" I showed them the ring.
"Awh Blanna are engaged!!" Abbie said.
"Told you she would say yes" Soulla said.