First Time

I'm 10 weeks now. I'd not had bad love morning sickness recently, once every now I did and when I did Blake held my hair back and comfort me. Today more importantly was the day of my first scan. We'd get to see little baby for the first time, but we won't be able to find out the gender yet.
I went downstairs and made my horrible decaff coffee, I felt Blake wrap his arms around my waist and put his hands on my belly.
"Hey baby, how are you today?"
"I'm great, I am soooo excited to see baby today"
"So am I! I can't wait to see our little baby"
"I'm so nervous. A bit about the scan but also about being a mother"
"You will be the most amazing mother don't worry about that, you're kind and nurturing our baby will love you so much"

"Mrs Richardson" the woman called, we got into the room and sat down. "So just got to ask you some questions"
"Yeah of course"
"Do you know roughly how far you are?"
"10-11 weeks roughly"
"And I'm assuming this is the father?"
"Yes he is, he's my husband" I said smiling.
"I thought so but we have all sorts of people in here" she smiled, a few more questions later it was time to see our baby.
"This will be a little cold" she said putting the gel on my belly, Blake was holding my hand. She moved the wand around after a few minutes she stopped. "Here you go, that's your baby"
"Oh my god" Blake put his hand on my thigh.
"It all feels real now doesn't it"
"Yeah" we said together not really believeing what we were seeing.
"Would you like to hear the heartbeat?"
"Yes please" we both said. Within seconds the whole filled with a steady heartbeat. A few tears ran down my cheeks I turned to Blake he had tears in his eyes, he moved up and kissed my cheek. "We made a person" he smiled.
"I know" trying to hold myself together. She cleaned me up then asked. "Would you like photos of your baby?"
"Yes please"
"I'll get that sorted for you"
I sat on the edge of the bed and Blake came and gave me the biggest hug.
"No offence but this is the best day of my life" I said smiling at him.
She came back in and handed us the photos.
"Now I'm sure at your first appointment you were told what to do and what not to do, right?"
"Yes we were"
"Perfect! I think I'm going to put you in for a scan at 15 weeks as well as the traditional 21-24 weeks, it's just your baby looks a little small, it's usually nothing to worry about but just to be sure"
"Oh okay" I said trying not to sound too nervous.

"Hi mum" Blake said opening the door.
"Hey sweetie" she said giving him a hug. "Hello honey" she said hugging me.
"Hey Soulla"
"You've been with my son for 10 years, you've been married for 3 years and you're carrying my grandchild. If you want to I'm cool with calling me mum or something I don't know, whatever you want"
"Thank you, I might just do that"
We sat down and were just chatting.
"Hey mum, we saw our baby for the first time today"
"Oh yes! Of course! How did it all go?"
"We have a healthy baby they're slightly small but it's not uncommon, they should be fine, we have a photo if you'd like to see"
"Of course!" Blake took out the photo and handed it her. "Oh my grandbaby! I can't wait to meet them! Do we have a due date yet?"
"Around September 2nd they're not 100% yet but something like that"
"Awh! A month before their dad's birthday, two weeks after your wedding anniversary"