Apart

Blake was leaving for a world tour. The American part. I didn't want him to go, obviously, we'd just got engaged and he had to go. I didn't expect to talk to him until he had landed in Australia because neither of us liked prolonged goodbyes. There was a knock on the door, I went and got it. Blake was there.
"Blake what are you doing here?" I asked surprised
"I came to say goodbye because I'm leaving for 4 weeks and I'll miss you"
"I didn't think you would because you don't like goodbyes"
We stood in silence for a second then he hugged me. He held me so tight.
"I wish you could come but before they gave you the job they already got someone to do America but you take over after this"
"I know I can't wait to get working with you. 8 weeks"
"8 weeks I've got to go now I'll text you everyday, call and facetime as much as I can. I love you baby"
"I love you too"

Blake stuck to his word and text me everyday and called me whenever he could. With the UK tour he'd come back for my treatment so it was the first time he would be properly away.
I kept my phone with me at all times, I never knew when Blake would call me and he didn't know either, it was whenever he was free which he couldn't guarantee when that was. It annoyed my parents at first that I wouldn't move without my phone and would go mad/about cry if it got less than 10%. But then they understood after I explained timings and everything.

2 weeks into tour I got a call from an unknown number I answered it.
"Hello" I said.
"Anna Brooks?"
"Who is this?"
"My name is Elle I work for a New Hope Clubs management"
"Oh Ok"
"As you know the guys are in America touring"
"Of course"
"Well the photographer we had to do America has had to cancel. So we would like to invoke your contract early. Would you be up for that?"
"Yes Oh My God Yes"
"Great we'll get flights and everything sorted. It will probably be late tonight or early tomorrow. That ok?"
"Yeah that's fine"
"Good. We'll keep in touch. Keep your eyes on your email"
"Ok I will. One thing, does Blake know?"
"No we wanted it to be a surprise for him"
"Thank you. I'll watch my email"
I ran upstairs and started packing everything I'd need for 6 weeks on the road. They kept in touch with me and sent me everything I needed to get the flight. My flight was at 5am I dragged my case downstairs. My sister walked in, "Anna what are you doing?"
"I'm going to America"
"What? Why?" I explained everything to her.
"Do mum and dad know?"
"No I'll tell them when they come in"
"How long for?"
"6 weeks. All I know is about my flight there and I'm gone for 6 weeks"

When my parents came in they came to me. "Anna why's your case in the hall?"
"I'm going to America. They photographer cancelled for some reason and so they're invoking my contact early. I'm booked on a flight at 5 in the morning"
"Wow right ok how long are you going for?"
"6 weeks"
"Oh God. We'll take you to the airport at 5 so in 4 hours"
"I'll be landing in America at 3pm here but 10am there so I'm going straight to the place and I'm signing my contact there"
"I bet you're keeping it from Blake and surprising him"
"Yeah the management said they aren't telling him for me"
"Awh you guys are cute" Beth said.

***
"See you in 6 weeks. I'll call when I can. Love you" I said giving my family a hug.
"Bye Anna love you have a good time"
"Bye guys" I said.
I checked in and went to my flight. 10 hours. 10 hours I slept, edited and that's it really. When I got off the plane I turned my phone on. I had 27 missed calls, 23 new texts. All from Blake. Most the text went something like Anna please answer I haven't spoken in what feels like ages, I miss you so much I just want to hear your voice.
I felt bad I couldn't answer but I'm sure he'll like the reason I didn't answer. I collected my things and headed out the airport. My Uber was waiting for me there. I chucked my stuff in and headed to the place they were playing. I called Elle to find out what I was doing.
"Hey Annabelle what's up?"
"Where do I need to come in?"
"I'll come get you and give you you're pass" she come out and gave me my pass. "Ok Annabelle the guys are doing their sound check so we'll get a signed for when their done and you can go surprise your man. Ok let's get inside and get everything done" we went into a room, I read my contract and signed it.
"Right Anna welcome to the team. Now go surprise your man"
"Can I just do my makeup I don't want his impression of me is jetlagged, tired and no makeup"
"Of course but be quick sound check is nearly done" I rushed my makeup and ran out leaving my bags there. I could hear the end of one of their songs, I went and stood on one side of the stage. I wanted to run to him, give him the biggest hug.