It Happened

Days went by and now it was time. Time for my scan. I'd had them before, of course I have but this time it was different. Blake would be with me holding my hand, it wouldn't be my parents this time it would be my boyfriend. The best boyfriend. I'd spent yesterday making the perfect Cd of all my favourite songs on that I can listen to during my scan, that or the loud noises a scanner makes.
"Blakeyyyy my scan is at 11 so we can go out after"
"Of course what shall we do?"
"We could grabbed food and go shopping?"
"That sounds lovely"
So we went to the hospital I filled in the forms. The long boring forms that take forever to fill in. I handed it back in and sat down next to Blake. "Are you ok baby?" He asked me.
"Of course I've had like 10 before" He puts his hand on top of mine and rubs it with his thumb.
"Annabelle Brooks"
I turned and looked at Blake before standing up, holding his hand.
We went through the doors and down a small corridor. There was a small waiting room, lockers, a corridor going to the scanners and consulting rooms. We went into a consulting room, and they checked the forms I'd filled out and last checks about everything.
"And who's this coming with you?"
"My boyfriend, Blake"
"Ok that's fine. You'll need to come with me to get your cannula"
"Ok can Blake not come with me?"
"Of course"
We went and got my cannula, the worst part about them is the water they put in to check it's working.
Blake held my hand the whole time. When we got to the scanner, they asked for my CD to play during the scan. Then they gave us ear plugs, because the scanner is really loud, then she lay me on the scanner bed. Put the headphones over my earplugs so she could talk to me and tell me whats going on, and my music,then put the cage over my head. And packed it tight so my head wouldn't move. The scanner was so loud but it was bearable was the mirror on the cage so I could see Blake and he would smile at me I couldn't smile back but he knew that. The best and worst thing the doctor said was half way through the scan "OK we are going to pull you out." That meant the cannula, but it also meant they would take some of the padding from around my head for a minute or two. The cannular is horrible, when they put the fluid in it feels like someone has spilt water on your hand but its in you blood stream, and it was ice cold going up your arm and into you brain. I got to smile back at Blake, his smile is contagious it it takes everything I have to not smile back. I felt the dye go into my brain and they put the padding back and the scan continued.

It was finally over they got me out, took my cannula out and I was free to go. It was now 1 and me and Blake went into town, we grabbed food and went shopping.
We went to all the classics. TopShop, Primark, New look.
Blake bought me a lot of stuff, I told him he didn't have to but be insisted. What can I say how adorable is that.
Me and Blake went back to mine. We sat curled up in the the sofa.
"Thank you Blakey you're amazing."
"What for?"
"Being with me today and going into town and getting me all that stuff I really appreciate it. I love you Blakey Bo"
"It's my pleasure baby. I love you too and I always will" he said as he lent in and kissed me.
"I'm going to miss you so much when you go on tour" I said pulling away resting our foreheads together.
"Baby don't be upset we will spend so much time together until then"
"You're right what sort of things?"
"Anything as long as we are together the whole time"
We kissed he had his arms around my waist and I had my arms around his neck we were pulling each other closer. He detached our lips and moved to my cheek and jawbone. He was kissing my neck leaving little love bites when we hear the door shuts. We instantly pull away and looked at the TV.
My mum walked in "how'd it go Anna?"
"Fine mum"
"That's good then. I checked and someone's already booked the results day off so I can't go with you"
"Don't worry I'm sure Blake will come" I turned to him "won't you?"
"YES! Of course what sort of boyfriend would I be if I wasn't there then! It's such a big deal!"
"Awh Anna don't ever let such a kind loving guy like this one go he's perfect" My mum said.
"I won't he's stuck with me forever"
"Perfect" he said and I blushed.