prologue + characters *

(REWRITTEN)

One of the most beautiful and most relaxing things anyone could do, was to stare up into the dark sky and watch the stars slowly float past over our heads. But, also to admire the moon that was a million miles away from us, yet managed to illuminate our surroundings from so far away.

Harry was beginning to struggle with his life – things weren't going the way he planned them to and his entire world was falling a part at the seams. Up until one rainy, winters night where the moon was concealed and he couldn't have the reassurance from the one thing that never left him: the moon, he ended up meeting a girl.

A girl with long brown hair, chocolate button eyes and glowing golden skin. Her name was odd to him, yet when he realised the meaning of her name it was almost like he found the thing to keep him grounded.

Watching the moon through his window was something he grew up doing since he could even remember. On the days where he couldn't see it or he fell asleep way before the moon even showed up in the sky, he ended up having that horrible, unwanted lonely feeling settle deep within his bones.

It was like a small ritual of his, and he continued doing it as he aged. It wasn't like he would be angry if he missed it, he just sulked because it was something that relaxed him. Like a shower would help someone fall asleep at night, or sleeping with a fan on to keep the room cool would help someone sleep, or even a cold pillow under your head. That's what the moon was for Harry, that little thing to help him sleep. It eased his mind and provided warmth and comfort in his rather lonely life.

Luna is the Latin name for Moon. Also in mythology, Luna was actually one of the names of Artemis; the moon goddess.

Harry not only saw her as being just as beautiful — maybe even more so, than the moon itself. But he also saw her as a goddess, she was stunning and he was honoured to even be in her company.

Harry knew what Luna meant, and that made his bond with the young girl grow stronger than it should've been from day one. When Luna discovered Harry's small ritual for himself she fell harder for him, now she understood why he loved her name so much...

_____

Luna Everdeen - Dua Lipa
Harry Styles - Harry Styles