5: bad house party

I woke up to complete silence, including a bright sunshine streaming through the gap between my curtains. My phone was in my hand and I remembered how I fell asleep, with Harry's gentle voice speaking to me and helping me sleep.

From Harry,
You fell asleep aha, let me know when you're up and how you slept. Goodnight x

He's a very sweet man, I should be wary with him in fear of him being some crazy freak who'd try murder me or stalk me, but he seems way to friendly and talking to him reassures me.

To Harry,
Sorry, I'm up now but thank you I slept really well surprisingly haha. Morning x

He didn't text back immediately so I put my phone on charge and headed for the bathroom. After showering and changing into jeans and a jumper I began drying my hair, I haven't got any work to do which means the boring day starts now.

I grabbed my phone even though there was no text messages or missed calls, but just in case Harry did reply to me I'd be able to see it sooner rather than later. My went down the hallway towards the kitchen, my apartment was extremely small but not small enough to make me feel suffocated in my own house.

I had one bedroom – mine, one bathroom opposite my room, a kitchen and a living room at the front of the apartment connected with my front door. My kitchen was my favourite part of the entire apartment, it was completely black and white with a glossy finish. I had a marble counter in the middle of the kitchen which separated the living room and kitchen from each other.

I pulled out a pan a put it on the stove, before collecting bacon from my fridge to start frying, my phone buzzed but it wasn't just one it was continuous.

Harry's name flashed upon the screen and for some reason my heart did a little somersault and a smile threatened to pull at my cheeks, there's something about his aura that makes me quite happy. Sure he was more or less annoying the first little while we were hanging out on Thursday night, but he didn't seem to be rude or annoying since he explained why he felt that way.

"Hello," his voice echoed through the speaker of my phone when I clicked the little green circle. "Lunaaa?" He sang oh the A in my name.

"Hi Harry," I smiled even though he couldn't see me, I put him on speaker and threw three pieces of bacon into the pan to cook up before grabbing a bun to butter before filling with the bacon. "You're up early."

"So are you," he shot back.

The words to say were disappearing as I held onto a thin rope helping me from slipping right into the ocean of unwanted awkwardness, the sound of my bacon sizzling on the stove and Harry's heavy breathing, oh and also my heart thumping in my chest from the embarrassment I felt. I can never keep a conversation going any longer than two damn minutes apparently.

"Hey so there's this party tonight," he began, I could hear the sound of running water over the line. "I was wondering if you'd come with me? It's like my friends house warming party or something," he explained briefly, I could the sound of things hitting the floor it wasn't loud so something tells me it might be clothing. "Is really like if you came, Luna."

Do I like parties? I think I do, if I stay with Harry then I should have a good night right? He wouldn't ditch me and leave me surrounded by people I don't know, he knows how I'm feeling considering yesterday was my parents funeral. Maybe this is his way of offering my brain a mini vacation, to stop me overthinking every little thing that isn't necessary.

"Okay," I breathed quickly, now I've agreed I can't back out.

"Awesome! I'll pick you up at half seven, is that good?" He replied equally as quick. Maybe he's thinking the same, once you've made a plan you can't back out – so the quicker you say it, less time you have to overthink it and change your mind.