19: exes and ohs.

The room was darkened by the night sky rolling over the small town, and due to the lack of lighting in the room. The never ending thoughts of what damage those drunken teens would have left to not only my parents grave but other people's lost loved ones graves too was constantly on my mind. I hadn't felt hurt and heartbreak like this before, not even when they died. This felt different. It was like someone had taken a hammer to my already poorly sellotaped heart, with some gaps still missing from shards I had failed to stick back together, and they smashed it to pieces all over again. No remorse, no care in the world, and no respect.

I was hanging on a thin, already snapping, piece of thread with mankind. Humanity failing to prove its peaceful, lovingness to one another yet again. Only this time it hit home, because it was my parents graves destroyed. I shouldn't be this emotionally bruised over this, but until it happens to you, you don't understand the pain of knowing someone had little respect for a resting place. Maybe I'm being dramatic, but it's my parents bed, that's where they sleep and that's where I can talk to them. I can't ring them on the phone anymore, pop over to their house for lunch and a gossip. I have to take flowers and talk to a beautiful sculpted stone with their names carved into it and their bodies buried six feet beneath me as I do so.

I'd been curled up under Harry's duvet for no more than half an hour when Harry finally decided to enter, his hair a tasseled mess upon his face and I immediately realised it's because of his hands. When he gets agitated, stressed or sad he runs his hands repeatedly through his hair, something I have witnessed on numerous occasions over the past five weeks. I guess this situations doesn't just have an affect on me, but on him as well. I'd be angry too if someone did this to him.

"We didn't have ice cream, but I found cake," he shrugged, holding up a small bowl with a reasonably large slice messily cut up inside. The image of Harry attempting to precisely cut up some chocolate cake was oddly amusing to me, the way he came in here looking flustered, stressed but insanely cute was enough to make my stomach twirl around like a little ballerina. He gave me the bowl and took a longing stare out the window before closing the curtains, completely concealing us in darkness. "Merry Christmas."

I suddenly looked at the same digital clock beside the bed, the green blocked numbers proved it was in fact past midnight, meaning it was officially Christmas Day. My first Christmas without my parents. But my first Christmas with Harry.

"Merry Christmas Harry," I blushed. Can I classify this as a first Christmas ever with a boyfriend, even though Harry hasn't technically asked me out? "Harry—"

"Luna—" Harry said at the exact same moment, he giggled like a small child before crawling up the bed, splitting my knees and sitting himself between them. Both hands firmly resting on my thighs, I was in shorts and a tank top, his hands were dangerously close to my heat and I couldn't help but lose my train of thought as I focused solely on his soft warm hand. The pads of his forefingers drawing small doodles along my skin, that only he could see with his imagination. "I just wanted to say... I'm going to help you with all this stuff concerning your parents grave."

Not exactly what I expected to hear, but none the less appreciated. "Thank you Harry, but why?" Say it, ask me!

"Well Luna, you're in my life now and I want to look after you and I obviously care about you greatly or I wouldn't have asked you to come here with me," he smiled. A frustrated sigh escaped my lips before I even realised I was holding it in, I grabbed the bowl of cake and dug the single fork into it, hoping somehow it would cover my sigh. "Did I say something wrong?"

"That's just it Harry," I breathed sadly, putting the cake down again. It was delicious, but I could barely swallow it as I felt nausea building up realising I had to ask him now. "You didn't say what I wanted you to say."