64: battlefield.

* inspired by Battlefield by Jordin Sparks

DOUBLE UPDATE, MAKE SURE YOU'VE READ THE LAST CHAPTER ASWELL X
LEFT MY GIRLIES HANGING SO I HAD TO UPDATE AGAIN, BIG LOVE, ENJOY

__

Of course I knew my words were making her feel selfish and guilty, it wasn't my intention but I literally couldn't force the apology to fall from my lips. I never meant to cause such a fight, I don't want to hurt her emotionally at all, I hate when I make her cry or I make her so angry. The way she looked at me reminded me of how I would picture two enemies staring at one another from opposite ends of the battlefield, for the first time in our relationship she was looking at me like I was causing a world war. In such anger.

I could practically see the fire burning deep within her, a little piece of her lifting the can of gasoline and unscrewing the lid ready to drop the flammable liquid on top of the already raging fire.

I could hear her practically screaming in her mind, yelling an endless string of apologies, I felt stuck to the ground tied in my place but there was nothing physically binding me there. She stomped her foot hard against the cool floor, the sound of her shoe hitting the ground brought me back to a moment many years ago. Before I could even shake the unwanted memory away, I looked up to stare at Luna and I felt all the fear I never wanted to feel again rush through my body. Her arm was high in the sky, as if to slap me, my body flinched just like it used to do many times a day just years ago.

I squeezed my eyes tightly shut, my head tilting to the side trying to shove my face into my shoulder for protection. My hands flung up to to shield my face from Luna. When nothing hit my face I opened my eyes, little white stars blurring my vision momentarily before they faded away finally and I looked her way. Luna's skin was a sickeningly pale shade of white as her eyes focused on her shaky hand hung between us. Panic flooded through me like a dam just burst open, I grabbed her hand cautiously yet tightly.

The last thing I need is her thinking I am afraid of her, I didn't mean for this to happen and I know damn well this would not have happened if those memories of Kate weren't fresh in my mind.

"I-I'm so sorry," I muttered quickly, tripping over my words in my panicked state. I hadn't ever done that before with Luna, and the both of us have fought before – maybe not to this extent, but we had argued plenty times before and regardless of that, I hadn't ever been in such a fearful position that I would flinch. With those memories so vivid from the conversation I had just yesterday with Gemma, they stupidly decided to appear in front of my mind again, just at such a shitty time. It was purely an accident and I seriously didn't want to hurt her feelings, but by the look on her face she was more angry than anything else.

"You thought I was going to hit?" She glared my way, yanking her hand from my slightly loose grip and taking a large step back, I practically heard my heart shatter. "You thought I was going to fucking hit you, Harry! You know me, I would never do that!"

Gemma suddenly entered the room from the hallway, dropping a hand to Luna's shoulder only to have Luna shove it back off in her angry state. "Harry, just tell her everything about Kate, don't be ashamed," Gemma rushed, eyes pleading for me to put an end to this ugly fight already.

When Gemma's words left her mouth, Luna snapped her head to look at my sister. "Kate? The ex?" She glanced at me before scoffing in disgust, Luna never met Kate properly but she obviously despised the girl for many reasons, one being she kissed me whilst I was with Luna. "The one you kissed? I thought that was end of her, why do we have to drag her up again."

I felt my eyes grow like saucers, my eyes flitting between my sister and my mother who slowly frowned at me. My mother entered quickly after hearing Luna's words. "Kissed? You kissed Kate?" Mum asked in disbelief as she looked at her me with such disgust, there's a reason I never told her I logically cheated on my girlfriend, it was because I didn't want this damn look to be aimed my way.