2: harry *

See, Harry wasn't exactly alone. Well he was, he just never admitted it nor did he admit it affects him. And when I say affect I mean, he doesn't admit he feels the urge to cry at times or that he sleeps with the lights on because he's afraid to be alone in his apartment with nobody else there.

He has friends, just not best friends. To him there is a major difference, and that major difference is that with best friends you can be exactly who you truly are and can speak your mind without the fear of being judged. Whereas a friend, you limit off the things you want to say and edit it to sound somewhat causal and collected, because you don't want to freak them out with your crazy imagination or your wild sense of humour. You want them to be at arms length so when you need someone to come with you for something, or a lift somewhere or even just to go to McDonald's with, those are the people you contact.

Harry had plenty of those types friends, he just didn't have best friends. Anyone he went crazy on with his humour which contained terrible, terrible dad jokes and puns that made you cringe and rub your temples, or even when he spoke about his political views and opinions on LGBT or feminism. It somehow managed to freak his so called best friends out and he never saw them again.

He classed himself as different, up until the moment he became a primary school teacher. He taught kids between the age of six and seven their ABC's and 123's. It was special to him, he was there for the beginning of each child's education, and that was something he admired. Also how wise these kids were for their age, some were so smart after explaining numbers once they understood it.

The moment he was a qualified teacher he didn't see himself as different. He saw himself as a smart soul, patient and relaxed, and he didn't need to keep his silly jokes and puns at bay – because the children found those jokes the funniest. At work he felt alive, but the second he stepped foot outside of work he was pulled back into the life that was Harry Styles. Average twenty three year old single man, living alone with no friends and constantly reading shitty romantic novels hoping to get something like the couples in the stories have.

After three months as a teacher the headmaster warned him of the cuts, which meant – when schools were suffering insignificant losses in their bank accounts, they fire people until they have a good amount of people that could receive the payment they always receive. As of right now the wages all the teachers received was low, lower than usual.

Harry offered to get paid less but the headmaster didn't agree with his idea, claiming it would be unfair on him to receive less than everyone else for the same hard work they all put in. Harry knew because he was fairly new he'd be the first one to lose his job, so his attempts to up his game were very obvious.

Every day as the school day ended, Harry would arrive at this small cafe down the road from his house. Today was his day off as it was a long weekend for the students and the teachers. But Harry didn't get to lounge around his house all day, he had so much paperwork to go through for report cards that were due out just before the winter break, which was in four weeks.

Harry's family lived in Holmes Chapel which was a small town near Manchester. He currently lived in London, meaning Christmas – five weeks away – would involve travelling to Holmes Chapel just to visit them for a week, before coming back to London and preparing himself for his work to start up again.

The cafe was fairly quiet, it was only half past five and there was about seven others in the cafe when Harry stepped in. The moon was already up, due to the early nights and late mornings the winter season blessed us with. His heavy boots made slight squelching noise from the damp rubber on the bottom of his boots, he headed towards the counter to order some food.

"Oh Harry darling, how are you today?" Lynn smiled warmly, pulling out a tray to place whatever snacks Harry was planning on purchasing. Lynn was sixty three years old, she adored young Harry, finding him rather interesting to talk too, and very warm whenever he would offer her quick hugs in gratitude for her hard work and never-ending kindness.

"I'm very well, thank you Lynn," Harry replied, obviously he could feel a bit better with himself but he wouldn't put a damper on Lynn's bubbly mood. "Can I have a tea, the way I like it, and a banana muffin... Oh and a slice of the lemon loaf," he smiled cheekily, pointing to each item behind the glass that caught his eye. He reminded Lynn of a small child, excited at the sights of all these delicious tray bakes.

Harry had no idea what time he was planning on leaving the cafe, so in case it wasn't for a few hours, he decided to stock up on a few snacks to nibble on. He spent so much time here sometimes Lynn would already be preparing his snacks as he was walking through the door, he loved her for that very reason. Maybe she could be his friend?

He took the tray of cakes and tea over to a four seater table that was empty and near the window, he wanted to be able to watch the rain that was supposedly gracing London today. The rain was much needed, Harry loved when it rained it was his favourite kind of weather. Especially when it was really dark and the clouds were a mixture of dark blue and black – completely hiding the sun and devouring the city in darkness. Even though this weather was his favourite, deep down he really hoped a small gap would crack through the menacing clouds and reveal the gentle light of the moon.

He pulled out a stack of papers to fill in, along with a black pen and began to sip his tea, breaking off small pieces of his cakes and placing it into his mouth whilst scribbling down the behaviour and work effort of his young students. Occasionally, he would write down some praising sentences about some students for their intelligent minds.

After a good half an hour of writing, his hand began to cramp up and he dropped the pen, tipping his head back and rubbing the heels of his palms into his eyes. He felt so sleepy, it really didn't help that all he could think about was how damn tired he was.

"Son, you work to hard," Lynn shook her head, placing another mug of hot tea on the table for him, on the house.

"You're too good to me love," he chuckled, patting her hand that rested on the table.

She shook her head, "Mr Styles, you stop your flirting I'm too old for you."

That caused Harry to burst into laughter at her comment, she was so young at heart he struggled to understand how such a caring old lady lived alone yet managed to run an entire business. He definitely couldn't do it, I mean he's twenty three and he can hardly stand living alone as it is.

She patted his hand as a simple gesture before taking the empty mug and plate that once had a slice of lemon loaf on it away, leaving him to return to his original infamous posture. His facial expression changed from light and carefree to focused yet bored.

He didn't mind only laughing when around Lynn or his students, but sometimes he wished he could have a friend that knew him. Not knew his name and his face but knew him properly, so they would know small unimportant details about him; favourite colour, favourite movie, which hand pushes his hair back... And so forth.

Harry wouldn't ever admit this but he had some real thick walls built up to stop people getting in, he also was oddly a very shy person. Keeping to himself and not really letting people in, but he wanted for somebody to ignore his rude front and dig inside to pull out the young happy man he always wanted to be.

As his eyes stared off and watched the raindrops race each other down the window, he was pulled away from his blank thoughts, and now staring directly at a young girl who sat down at his table completely uninvited.

She had long brown hair, the biggest brown eyes he had ever seen that were hooded with long thick eyelashes making her eyes stand out. She resembled a strong confident young woman, and Harry was rather confused as to why she would choose to sit opposite him when pretty much every single table was free.

"Can I help you?" He snapped, staring her up and down. She was taken back by his words and his rude tone, suddenly her mind went blank as she stared into his intimidatingly green eyes, getting lost in the mesmerising jungle of mystery.

________________________

A/N: AND THATS HARRY. Think it's gonna be 1st person next, don't think I want to give too much of the other persons thoughts and feelings away xx