1: luna *

She almost laughed at the thought of her life at the moment, everything was rather different now. Her parents were gone and she was alone.

Because she was eighteen she was now officially legal to stand on her own two feet, except she wanted anything but to be eighteen. Considering the amount of people who would want to be independent, that was far from Luna's wishes.

She knew her parents were in a better place and didn't suffer pain anymore, but she also hated them for leaving her so soon, even though it wasn't by choice to leave their only daughter behind.

Luna's teeth bit down on the pencil she was struggling to write with, the ticking of the clock on the plain beige coloured wall was all she could focus on. Wanting nothing more than to get out this meeting and run away, hiding under the covers of her duvet to sleep.

She was a PA, personal assistant, to the owner of a large bank company, even though it was an extremely well paying job she absolutely hated it. Her boss seemed to think the more he flirted with the young girl the better the chance of getting laid was, but that was never in a million years going to happen. She basically despises the man.

He liked her for her looks and only that. She was eighteen but she definitely could've fooled any man. Her big brown eyes surrounded by thick black eyelashes, her sharp jawline, sun kissed skin and long wavy brown hair was enough to make all the men drop to their knees and beg for some attention. Her body was thin and she thought she was much too tall, she was around five foot six or five foot seven. She wished she were more petite, men like petite, maybe that's why she hadn't ever dated anyone, they didn't like her height. She was very proud with how she looked, the one thing she hated was her damned name, she felt as though she did not suit such a pretty name.

Luna, it meant moon. And in Luna's eyes the moon is one of the most beautiful creations, yet she was far from beautiful. She felt rather average, not that average was a bad thing.

The clock struck six PM indicating the meeting was over. She hurriedly packed away the papers that she was supposed to be taking notes on, which she knew she would definitely get a lecture for her lack of concentration and the pointless doodles scrawled along the margins on the paper.

Luna followed behind her boss and the rest of the well dressed men that came in for the meeting, she arrived at her small cluttered desk and packed away her things to go home. She was thankful she only worked until six PM unless told otherwise, which was very rarely.

"Darling, is that you off now?" Her boss came into view, placing a hand dangerously low on her back. Luna straightened up and swung her bag over her shoulder, plastering a fake smile over her lips – her boss didn't notice the insincere gesture though, nobody did.

"Yes sir, I'll see you on Monday," she nodded, attempting to move away. His fingers wrapped around her wrist holding her still, he carefully and slyly stepped closer – Luna noticed but didn't want to make it obvious that she had, so decided to stay still. She could smell his cheap cologne and the strong smell of his cigarettes – she swears he smokes around a pack a day, it's very concerning and very disgusting. The smell just lingers in the air and causes her to scrunch her nose up in disgust and cough continuously.

"Not in tomorrow?" He asked, a frown over his face, as he spoke she could only smell smoke as the disgusting scent fanned over her face tingling her senses in a very nasty way. She wouldn't deny he was definitely attractive, but she would never be with someone double her age.

"No sir, it's my parents funeral. I did inform Chloe at the front desk–"

"That's okay, condolences to you," he nodded swiftly, not allowing her to finish as he turned on his heel and headed back into his office. She finally felt as though she could breathe properly, whenever he was around she felt rather suffocated. And not just from the intense smell of smoke.