34: trolley.

* in case anyone is majorly confused, I had realised I messed up the numbers from chapter 13. So I had to go through and change them. Fucking dumbass aren't I... If I ever fuck up the number of a chapter again, TELL ME hahahaha

My fingers trailed through Harry's soft curls, continuously allowing some pressure from my fingernails to scratch against his scalp. The sun had peaked up not too long ago, the sounds of Anne and Gemma laughing and talking downstairs echoed up to the bedroom. Jack left for work and popped his head in a little over an hour ago, which woke Harry up. I barely slept all night, just thinking of the conversation with Harry and hearing him talk about how tired he feels emotionally.

He dozed off a couple minutes ago which gave me the chance to massage his head with his face against my neck. Sometimes a soft grumble leaves his lips as I run my fingers through his hair. His hair was so soft against my hands, sometimes my fingers would get caught in a knot, which I would slowly and cautiously unknot with my fingertips which didn't seem to go down too well as he whined at the tugging.

I could hear the clattering sounds of plates and cutlery downstairs from two of the most important women in Harry's life, I wanted to separate from Harry just to help the two of them downstairs with whatever they were doing. But every time I made a move to untangle myself from him, his arms clenched tighter around my body and I was held a little closer each time. Close never felt close enough with us.

After last night I took a while to sleep, if Harry wasn't holding me all night I'd have tossed and turned repeatedly. I felt like I had slept at some points through the night, but it just didn't feel like enough sleep was actually gained. Harry slept like a baby though, the second his head hit the pillow he was out like a light, I was envious but it felt nice just laying here and stroking his hair. I was usually the first asleep, and most times I found myself to be the first awake too. But I never truly admired Harry's slumber form until this morning.

The way his pink lips are slightly parted and dry, the way his cheekbones are a deep shade of pink — one darker than the other from the imprint of where his cheek was rested against either the warm pillow or my skin. The way a long dark painted shadow from his full lashes graces over his pink cheekbones, and the frown he usually wears constantly throughout the day would vanish due to his peaceful sleep.

"Admiring huh?" He whispered, once again I flinched. I hate when he does this, fake sleeps just to scare me shitless when he speaks out of nowhere. Shattering the comfortable silence that hovered around us nicely.

"Asshole," I muttered. His deep voice that was gravelly from lack of hydration chuckled, the deep rumble made his chest rise and fall. I leaned forward placing a chaste kiss to his dry lips, before pulling back to stare at him. Those pale green eyes gleaming back at me. "I love you," I smiled softly, his lips mirroring mine with a fond smile.

"And I love you," he beamed. "Did you sleep okay?"

"Yeah," I didn't want to make him worry about my lack of sleep.

"Mhm," he squinted his eyes at me, he didn't believe me one bit but he chose not to question me. I pulled my arms away from his body and rolled myself off the other side of the bed, stretching my arms up in the sky and yawning. "Eh.. Babe?" As I turned around he whipped the duvet back over the space I was in. "Never mind."

"No what?"

"Nothing, just I'll be up in a few," he smiled tightly. I shook my head and picked up some clothes before heading to the bathroom across the hall. Thankfully nobody was upstairs besides Harry and I, so I didn't feel too bare whilst in some baby blue shorts and a grey vest top. The moment I looked in the mirror the skin of my neck and my face heated up fast, I had a small patch of red on the bottom of my shorts. Of course, the time I leave my apartment and travel three hours away this happens. It's like Mother Nature hates women, I swear this crazy shit happens to all of us. Oh my god... Harry must have seen it!