36: first day.

OMG I GOT TICKETS TO SEE DUA LIPA NEXT YEAR!!! I'm practically seeing the girl I see as Luna .. crazyyy

[RUSHED EDIT]

The alarm was obnoxiously loud ringing and ringing over and over again in my ear. I hadn't heard that damn noise for what felt like so long which I was now beginning to feel as though I'd taken those free days for granted. I peeked my eyes open only to shut them moments later when a stream of sunshine slipped through the room and stung at my newly open eyes. Harry was shifting around from beside me as his body was awakening from the sound of my alarm, I blindly reached for my phone and shut the noise off successfully. Thankfully Harry settled back into slumber again and didn't awaken, it's far too early for him to be awake anyway.

I slipped out from under his heavy limp arm and slid myself into some jeans and a loose white t-shirt, tying my hair into a scruffy ponytail and sitting on the floor next to my small mirror to do my make up. Harry had yet to be disturbed by any loud movements made by yours truly, memories of last night springing to mind as I took a subtle glance at his sleeping body.

His fingers were tightly holding the bed sheets that were once covering me, his long brown fringe had slipped in front of his shut eyes and his cheeks were tinted pink as he felt the heat from the large duvet. To think less than twenty four hours ago he agreed to move in with me, it wasn't spontaneous I mean it wasn't supposed to be asked for crying out loud, but I'm so damn glad my mouth spoke before my overthinking mind could have stopped me.

Harry tends to be very slow at progressing our relationship, I was the one that pushed the topic of being in love and also dating officially, and now I have asked him to move in with me. I'm not saying he isn't doing anything or not even trying, because he is, I'm just saying his lack of confidence in himself is holding him back. And I notice it.

I stood in the kitchen looking out the window at the bustling streets of businessmen and women on their way to work, that used to be Harry and I, now look at us. Well he's jobless, but I'm on a job I didn't exactly thrive to take on when I was younger, then again neither was being a personal assistant but I still worked as that.

I didn't bother making my usual morning cup of tea as I'm about to start my job in the cafe where I can make my own. I scribbled a note down for Harry explaining where I was and when I'd be back, leaving a spare key on the top for him to take and keep.

Maybe that's a step we skipped, we never exchanged apartment keys with one another. I guess that's not a big issue now as he agreed to move in with me now. I headed for the door, slipping my feet into my black plimsoles and grabbing my leather jacket to keep me warm.

I closed the door quietly behind me, looking up and down the corridor before heading towards the elevator at the end of the long hall. In less than one minute I reached the reception area, walking out into the cool room I smiled warmly at the man behind the reception, thankfully his wife wasn't here. I swear she hates me for some unknown reason, then again she's just a hateful person. I couldn't imagine being so spiteful towards everyone and everything.

The moment I pushed open the huge glass door the sharp gusts of wind smacked right into me, chilling my bones and allowing the goosebumps to rise over my skin. I looked down at my shoes as I hurriedly walked in the direction where the cafe was, it wasn't far from my apartment block but I somehow wished for it to be closer as the chill in the air was deemed as unbearable in my book. I preferred colder seasons, but there's a certain line that I draw where I can't cope with the coldness, and right now today is the day I draw that line.

Thankfully as I rounded the corner I reached the cafe, the small sign that hung off the building was swinging back and forth harshly I was worried it might fall and knock someone out. I pushed open the door and was swarmed with heat and sweet scents I'd long to smell for so long, it was almost a sense of home.