11: goodnight moon

{idk if I'll do another Harry POV, if I do they'll be rare chapters. Enjoy x. Song attached was what I played when I wrote this, its cute so check it out}

[HARRY'S POV]

The week went by very quickly, I'd seen Luna on Monday, took her home after she got a little upset due to her jackass boss but since Monday I haven't seen her. She's been very busy focusing on work and then being very tired so she'd go straight home and just text me a few times. It didn't worry me that she was less interactive with me, but it made me quite bored because I'm now getting used to having someone there all the time now it's sort of gone sometimes.

I still regret taking her to that damn party last weekend, but I'm happy we solved the problem. That Sunday night that I came over and we kissed, is by far my favourite night, I couldn't imagine a better night with anyone better than Luna. She doesn't know just how much she means to me. I already texted her my address and was just waiting for her to show up, the apartment building I live in only has four flats so it shouldn't be all the hard for her to find me.

The moon was illuminating my surroundings as it slowly creeped out from behind he dark clouds, usually with four weeks until Christmas the weather slowly but surely gets bad, but this time it wasn't slowing down it was just gradually getting worse. I looked to the sky, watching the moon remembering the same thing my Grandma used to tell me when things were tough at home back when I was eight.

"Harry darling, everyone feels like this," she sighed sadly, she was babysitting Gemma and I tonight. I didn't want Gemma to take her friend over but she did, so I was stuck with Grandma. I didn't mind but I wanted to play with my trucks, but Grandma wanted me to watch the old people's television shows with her.

"I don't want daddy to go," I cried into her chest as she rubbed my back soothingly. I couldn't see much through the darkness in my bedroom, I could see dark blurry patches where my toys sat and my clothes laid messily on the floor but that was it. The moon was hidden behind the clouds but you could see the beams around the cloud covering the moon as the huge glowing ball in the sky shone. "Daddy said he doesn't love mummy now, I don't get it."

"Change is difficult Harry, but this is something my mummy told me when I was your age," she began, pulling back and taking my hand leading me towards the window. The tip of her foot nudging a toy on the ground making a soft thud as it hit the wall behind it. "The moon never changes Harry, at least to us it doesn't, if you feel the changes in your life are a little too much or you're sad, come look at the moon. Even if you can't see it, it's there."

And she was right, it was always there no matter what happened in my life, the bad changes and the good changes. The moves from one place to another, the heartbreaks and loss I went through that put change back into my life. There was only one consistent thing that always remained a part of my life, no matter where I went or who I was with the moon was there, always. I'm twenty three and I still choose looking into the sky and searching for the moon as a leverage into feeling safe. It's silly and I never tell anyone; besides my family. Last time around was different, I put my love for the non changing moon into an old lover. I relied on her because I thought she was the one and she would become my moon — the always consistent thing in my life that I would love unconditionally.

And because I love way too easily it was inevitable that she would hurt me. So when she broke my heart and left me utterly shattered I lost everything. I pushed all my friends away, I began to suffer in the final year of University, my first job which I was sacked from was not only because of cuts but because I wasn't good enough. I always remembered how hurt I felt after she left me and I never wanted to feel that again. Now here I am giving myself away to someone else and feeling emotions I never wanted to feel again. Whether it's because of the meaning behind her name or the beauty in her eyes or the way she speaks, I wanted her and I wouldn't deny the consuming thoughts that never left my mind as I thought of her each day from the first moment she sat with me and my green eyes met her brown ones.