48: daddy's backstory.

I've wrote this chapter 4 times, I hope this is good :( *rushed edit*

Harry's POV.

His eyes were like sucking me into a whirlpool of foreign thoughts and memories that I did not want to remember. I didn't let myself spend the last ten years or so trying to forget about his existence, for him to pop up out of nowhere.

"Last I heard you moved to America," I said calmly, even though I was raging mad at seeing him again.

"I did," he explained casually. "But I moved back to London a few years ago," he stated.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," the woman butted in, my father's baby, staring directly at my Luna. "Luna, I would like to talk to you."

"No!" I said firmly, holding my arm over Luna's chest ensuring she stayed back. "We'll all sit like adults and talk together, how's that sound... Baby."

Des, my father, sighed heavily as he guided his... Whatever she is, to a table in the far corner of the cafe. The young boy who seemed to know Luna didn't budge, he stood directly opposite us just watching me.

"What?" I snapped grumpily.

"Are you two a thing?" He asked curiously, eyes flitting between Luna and I.

"Yes, and we've been a thing for months," I shot back, raising my brow at him sceptically. I'm not quite sure how he knew Luna, but he was clearly shocked to discover that I was dating Luna. His thick brows shot up in surprise, proving I was right — he was shocked.

"What about when we ate here together?" His question directed for Luna.

I dropped her hand and tilted my head to her, her shy stare made me realise these two must have had something going on when Luna and I weren't on speaking terms. Of course she would, I mean the girl's gorgeous she'd be stupid not to talk to any other guy that gave her his undying attention.

"We'll talk about this later," I sighed, turning away from them both and going to the table where my father was sat. It's crazy how he has hardly any facial differences, his hairs a little on the grey side and there's a few wrinkles here and there. But other than that, he still looks like the man I grew to resent.

He sat with his hand firmly clasped together on the table opposite me, his female friend was shyly nibbling on her bottom lip as she awkwardly tangled her clammy hands under the table top. Luna slid into the spare seat beside me and the young boy took over a chair beside me, unfortunately.

"Let's cut to the chase, why are you here?" I asked. "Actually no, who the hell is this?" My finger pointing directly to the woman who looked like she could piss herself from fear. Was I that scary to her?

"Calm it, boy!"

"Answer me, then maybe I will."

"My fiancée."

I feel like if this were a movie you'd have a tense silence lingering over us right about now, and a smashing of a glass someone dropped in shock. I must say, I saw it coming there's no way he'd remain single for all this time, but considering nobody ever informed my family, it's just very aggravating. Was I not his child? Did I not deserve the right to know about his new soon-to-be wife?