• prologue •

Kelly
*5 years later*
Wednesday, August 30, 2022

"Mommy! Can I have a cookie?"

"You gotta eat dinner first sweetie."

"But daddy said I could have one."

"If he already said you could have one, why would you be asking me?"

"Um..."

"Mhm, tryna play tricks on me. Nice try lil girl." I laughed as I watched my little princess cross her arms and pout.

"But mommy..."

"But Kiara..." I mocked her.

"Just one mommy! I promise I'll still eat my dinner." She looked at me and gave me a sweet little smile.

How could I resist saying no to that cute little face? See, this is my problem

How could I resist saying no to that cute little face? See, this is my problem. I spoil her so much that she knows how to get to me.

I sighed. "Fine, you can have one. But dinner is almost ready, and you're not leaving the kitchen table until your entire plate is empty. Got it?"

"Got it!" she said excitedly. I walked toward the cookie jar on the kitchen counter and grabbed one, handing it to her.

"I know you did not just give her a cookie." I heard Trey say as he was coming down the stairs. I rolled my eyes. He's always judging me because of how much I spoil Kiara.

"She begged me."

"You're so weak." He shook his head. "Can never say no."

"Hey! Don't call mommy weak." Kiara muffled as she was chewing her cookie.

"Haaa. Thanks baby girl." I laughed. "Don't talk with your mouth full though."

I turned off the stove and started fixing our plates. I gave Kiara and Trey their food then sat down and joined them.

****

"How much more minutes?"

"It's how many more minutes."

"Really Tremaine? Leave her alone."

We were in Kiara's room counting down the minutes until her birthday. We usually don't let her stay up this late but this is an exception.

"How many more minutes?" Kiara asked again, correcting herself.

Trey checked the time on his phone, "2 more."

"I'm excited! Are y'all excited?"

I laughed to myself. This little girl is too funny. "Yes Kiki, we're excited."

"I'm excited for my party too."

"What party?" Trey said.

"Tremaine stop playing with her!"

"Yeah daddy. Don't make me sad."

He laughed. "I'm joking munchkin. You're gonna love it."

"Am I gonna get a lot of presents?" she asked excitedly.

"Of course." Trey replied. "You'll probably get the most from mommy."

He's throwing shade at me. He thinks he's so funny, but that's okay. I got something for that ass.

"That's because I planned the whole party, babygirl." I lied. I looked at Trey's facial expression and tried so hard not to laugh.

"What?!"

"You mean daddy didn't do anything?" Kiara gasped.

"Nothing at all."

"Okay so let's not lie — "

"Oh look at that! It's midnight!" I purposely interrupted Trey, showing Kiara the time on my phone.

Trey was heated but he forced himself to hide it. It was the funniest thing ever. We started singing the Stevie Wonder version of happy birthday to Kiara, with bomb ass harmonies and all. You gotta remember that this is a musical family.

"Thank you mama bear and papa bear!" Kiara squealed, and we laughed.

"Anytime, baby bear." Trey smiled. "It's time for bed now."

"Aww man..."

We took turns giving her a hug and kiss and left out the room. We then entered our room and proceeded to lay down. I made myself comfortable and laid my head on Trey's chest.

"You mad at me?" I giggled.

"Nah. You just got jokes."

"It's payback. Nothing personal."

"Payback is personal. People only get payback when their lil feelings hurt."

"Alright nigga. No one asked you to get all technical."

Even though he be getting on my nerves with his smart ass comments, I'm really glad Trey and I made it this far. I can't believe we've already been married for five and a half years. We have our ups and downs like every couple does, but we always get it together. He and Kiara are honestly the best things that ever happened to me.

"Watchu thinking about?" he asked, noticing my silence.

"You."

"Oh word?" he smirked.

I rolled my eyes. "And Kiara."

"Nah, you know you was only thinking about me. You just tryna throw Kiki in there to be slick."

"You so damn aggravating, I swear." I mumbled.

"You love me though." he replied.

"Do I?"

"Kelendria."

"Relax man. You know I'm playing." I laughed and kissed his lips.

---------------------------

Welcome to Book 2! 🤗 I know this was short and kinda dry lol but there's plenty more to come.

As always, comment your thoughts if you have any.

Don't forget to vote 😘❤️