• seventeen: part three •

Kelly
Monday, November 20

It's cruise time, bitch!

Y'all can't tell me nothing right now. I'm about to be on a boat for a week so you already know my level of bougie-ness is about to go up about ten notches. And what's even better is that I'll have my family with me, especially my little diva of a daughter and my man.

Speaking of, I'm waiting on Trey to finish what he's doing so we can be out. He's currently on the phone with his brothers — excuse me, our brothers — who are staying at our house to dog-sit Kane. Yeah, they passed up the opportunity to go on vacation because they'd rather watch over a dog. Ha, that could never be me.

He finally got off the phone as I was finishing applying the last of my makeup. "You done?" I asked, focusing all my attention on the mirror in front of me.

"You done?" he retorted.

"Oh please. I'll be done in five seconds. I just needed something to do while waiting for yo ass."

He sucked his teeth, "Yeah iight." I could see him looking at me through the mirror as I applied my lip gloss and I chuckled and shook my head.

"You just love staring at me huh? I can feel your eyes on me, man."

"You're just so beautiful. A work of art. I can't help it sometimes."

"Awww baby, stop." I giggled and hid my face with my hands. All these years later and he still be making my face hot.

"I'm so serious." He walked up behind me and removed my hands from my face. "You blushing right through that chocolate skin."

"It's your fault!" I huffed playfully. "Being all sweet and whatnot."

"That's my job." he turned me around so I was facing him and he interlocked his fingers with mine. "I just love you Kelz. So much."

I smiled. These little random moments when Trey would tell me he loved me were the best. I mean, we always say it to each other but I feel like sometimes we take those three words for granted. Just having him stand here and look me in the eyes while holding my hands lets me know that we have a connection that is strong and will be there forever. I still feel the exact same way I've felt about him all those years ago and it's the best feeling ever.

"I love you more baby."

"That's impossible." he replied.

"It's not." I stuck my tongue out. "I love you more and that's final."

"We can argue about this all day."

"Well we won't!" I laughed and kissed his lips multiple times. "...I'm gonna miss this." I mumbled as I wiped my lip gloss residue off his lips.

"Miss what?"

"Just being in relaxation mode. Being around everyone 24/7. You know after this vacation, it's like a month and some days until we start the tour. Christmas, New Year's and that's it."

He frowned, "Well don't put it like that. You're just gonna make yourself sad. We need to just live in the moment."

"You're right, but still. I'm really gonna miss y'all."

"Baby. You not gonna be gone forever. You've done this before. And you're gonna be with two of your best friends."

"I know all this, Trey." I rolled my eyes playfully. "Damn, I can't miss y'all?"

"I'm just saying, you'll be fine." He pulled me close for a hug and I wrapped my arms around him. "Initially, y'all were supposed to start the tour earlier. So at least we got some extra time to spend together."