• twenty three: part two •

Kelly

Was I going crazy or did that really just happen? How did we even get to this point? Everything was going great and then boom, all of a sudden I think I might've just lost my husband.

My head was pounding, my chest started to feel tight, and it felt like the room was closing in around me. I sat down and closed my eyes, taking deep breaths to try to calm myself down but it wasn't helping much.

"This shit is crazy." I whispered to myself, feeling tears well up in my eyes.

Those tears quickly turned into tears of anger when I remembered that this wouldn't have happened if that bitch never showed up in the first place. How the fuck am I getting blamed for something that someone else started? How is my own husband gonna get mad at me after someone put their hands on me? Nigga you should be mad at her for trying to hurt me!

I couldn't be here anymore. There was no point in me being here anymore. I clearly wasn't wanted and it was only gonna make me more upset. I quickly got up and walked out the room, quickly hurrying down the stairs straight towards the exit. I felt someone grab my arm and turn me around before I could go any further.

"Who the fuck..." I sighed when I realized it was Lala.

"Kelly what happened up there?" she asked with a concerned look on her face.

"Doesn't matter, I'm leaving. Enjoy the rest of your night and I'll see you in the morning."

"Wait no, don't leave!"

"I have no business being here right now." I turned my back and continued walking but she stopped me again.

"I'm coming with you."

"No Alani, don't leave Chris. I'll be fine."

"Kelly I'm not letting you leave by yourself. You're crying and you're drunk as all fuck."

I didn't have the energy to argue with anyone else right now so I just let her do what she wanted. She mouthed something to Chris, I guess letting him know that she's leaving with me, then she walked me outside.

We got into the back of the car and La told the driver we were heading back to the house.

"La, for real, I can go by myself—"

"Shhh. Just come here." She pulled me closer to her and wrapped her arms around me, laying my head on her shoulder.

Chris

From the way that Kelly came running downstairs and La's sudden urgency to leave with her, I just knew something wasn't right so I went to go find Trey. Nigga was on stage so I gestured for him to come towards me.

"Bro, the hell just happened between you and Kelly?" I asked. He made a face when I said her name which confused me even more.

"I don't wanna talk about that right now."

"I'm so confused. What happened? Why is she leaving?"

"Hopefully she went to go find some sense."

"Dawg... what did you say to her?"

"How do you know I'm the one who said something?"

I shook my head, "You're really asking me that? As if I don't know you."

He sucked his teeth, "She told me she didn't trust me so I said if that's the case, why are we married?"

"Bro what?!" I exclaimed. "Why would you say that to her?"