• twenty six •

Trey
Monday, January 8

Welp, I knew this day was coming but I honestly didn't think it would come this quickly. Kelly's leaving tonight and although I am sad about it, I can't show it. Kelly's already emotional enough and I know Kiara will probably break down at some point today, so me being in my feelings wouldn't help at all.

I walked into Kiara's room and lightly shook her until she woke up.

"Time for school babygirl." I said, trying not to laugh as she looked at me like she wanted to fight me. She's really not a morning person unless it's Christmas or her birthday and it's hilarious.

She slowly got out of bed and I went to the bathroom with her so I could help her brush her teeth, bathe, get dressed and all that stuff. Luckily her hair was holding up pretty well so I didn't have to worry about doing that. Don't get it twisted though, I would've handled it if need be. I know how to do a lil sumn sumn.

We walked downstairs so I could fix her something to eat.

"Mommy's still sleep?" she asked me.

"Watchu think?" I said jokingly.

"Well this time she gets a pass. She needs rest since she's gonna be on stage a lot."

"You're right about that." I replied. She sat down and I quickly started whipping her up some pancakes.

***

"Hey baby daddy." I heard Kelly say as she was coming down the stairs for breakfast about half an hour later.

"Aye, chill with all that." I chuckled.

"Is that not what you are?"

"You can call me one or the other, but not both combined." I said with a smirk.

"Boy bye!" she laughed. "How bout just Tremaine."

"Yeah yeah whatever." I pulled her closer to me and kissed her lips. "How'd you sleep?"

"Great, but then I woke up feeling kinda down."

"Kelly don't you start..."

"Too late, I'm starting." She frowned. "I'm gonna miss y'all."

"Kelz I need you to think about the fact that you're reuniting on stage with your best friends for a tour that the world has been waiting on since y'all broke up. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Think about how many fans y'all got counting on you."

"I know all of this Trey and trust me I'm excited, but still..."

"It's only gonna be what, three months? It could've been way longer. I could even try to come see you at some of your shows, if my schedule permits."

She sighed, "You make it sound so easy."

"I never said it was. I'ma miss yo ass too. It'll be kinda hard without you here but I'm willing to deal with it if it means you get to go out there and do what you love with ya girls."

She cracked a smile, "Aren't you sweet."

I shrugged, "I try."

"Mhm... Hold on, why Kiara not down here?" she asked while looking around the kitchen.

"I am, I was just in the bathroom." Kiara said as she appeared from around the corner.

"You ate already?" Kelly asked her.

"Yes ma'am."

"Good, cause y'all running low on time."

"Why you acting like I ain't never brought her to school before?" I joked.