• seventy: part two •

Janay

Well that was easy. Almost too easy.

See I've been keeping tabs on the Neversons for a while now. Ever since that day last January when I last talked to Myra and never heard from her again, I just knew something wasn't right. Her sudden disappearance from her house confirmed that for me. It's obvious that Kelly and Trey had something to do with it, I am not stupid.

You mean to tell me the same weekend they were in Virginia was the same weekend my friend, their sworn enemy, goes missing and I'm supposed to believe they didn't harm her? I'm certain she's dead, and although I can't prove it I know they killed her.

So now I'm looking to settle this once and for all. I've been laying low but watching their every move for the past year while figuring out what exactly I wanted to achieve. I knew she was having a party today so I figured it was the perfect opportunity to come scope out the house. A lot of people equals a lot of distractions.

Seeing Kiara all by herself gave me an opportunity I didn't even know I was gonna have. It also made it clear what I wanted: money.

Naomi and Kiara being best friends made it easy to convince Kiara to come with me, on top of Kelly and Trey's negligence. They're so self centered that they didn't even realize their child was hurting on the inside. Now they're about to be in for a rude awakening.

The only way they'll get their daughter back is if they give me five million dollars. That would be more than enough for me to be set for life. As long as I can move to some form of paradise far away where I'll never have to worry about my troubles ever again, I'll be straight. I'm willing to permanently let bygones be bygones with them if they give me the money.

Parents usually can't put a price on their child, because that's how special they're supposed to be, so that amount of money should be nothing. And I'm sure Kelly and Trey wouldn't want the world to know them as being careless and terrible parents, so I'm sure they won't hesitate to give me what I want.

Ideally, this is supposed to be a simple exchange that should go smoothly. If they decide to make things difficult then I will act accordingly. And the fact that Kelly is heavily pregnant gives me an advantage over her; she finally can't fight back.

Anywho, the girls and I had just got back from shopping. Since I wasn't able to get back the house I lived in when I used to live here, Naomi and I have been living in this dilapidated house that Myra used to live in. It may be torn up and run down but it gave us a roof over our head so it was decent enough.

"Dang, y'all really live like this?" Kiara said as soon as we walked in.

"Not everyone has the fame and fortune to be able to afford mansions." I said through my teeth. Little girl has a mouth on her just like her mother it seems like.

"Sorry if that sounded rude. I just don't think anyone deserves to be in a home like this."

"I certainly agree..."

"Can I ask you a question?"

"Go ahead."

"When you and Naomi first lived here, y'all were in a house almost as messed up as this one because you didn't have much money, then you moved away to find something better, right?"

"Yes, that sounds about right. Is that your question?"

"No, my question is why would you come back? What else is here for you?"

I held in my laugh as I tried to come up with a lie.

"I did it for Naomi. I realized she was much happier here than she had ever been."