• thirty six •

Kelly
Monday, May 6

"I'm finished eating mommy."

"Good job baby." I replied to Kiara, grabbing her plate and empty cup of juice so they could be washed.

"Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"When are you gonna let daddy off his time out? It's been days!"

I had to be very careful when I explained this situation to her. I didn't wanna scare her, so I just told her Trey was on 'time out' and would come back once he 'learned his lesson.' I tried to water it down as much as possible so she wouldn't think the worst, but then again, she's a smart kid so she's bound to catch on at some point.

"Not quite yet."

"But don't you miss him? Don't you want him to come back?"

"Well to be honest sweetie, it's not about if I want him to come back, it's if I'm ready for him to come back."

"When will you be ready?"

"When I feel like I can be in the same room as him without getting upset."

She frowned, "What does that mean...?"

I stopped what I was doing and turned to look at her so she could have my undivided attention.

"Listen baby. Your dad and I love each other very much, and that's never gonna change. But unfortunately there will be times when we won't see eye to eye. It's human nature to get mad at someone we love sometimes. It's like when you get mad at Blue or Royalty, or even when you get mad at me and daddy when you don't like one of our rules. You following me?"

"Kinda."

"Well," I continued, "Sometimes it's best to have some space when you're mad at that person. It's not that I hate your dad or don't wanna be with him, but I just need to take some time to let the anger die down instead of letting it build up."

"So when you're done being mad at him, you'll let him come back?"

"Yes, I guess you can say that." I said, forcing a smile. "One thing I know for sure though? We both love you to pieces."

"Will y'all still love me once the baby gets here?"

"Of course babygirl, why would you think otherwise?"

"I dunno, just wondering."

"Kiki, you're my first born. You'll always be special to me no matter what. How could I ever stop loving you? You're just like me, and I love myself so..."

"Seriously mommy?" she giggled.

"Okay but really," I laughed, "You're sweet, kind and caring, but you're also a diva and you're hilarious. Yes the baby's gonna need a lot of attention when it gets here, but that's not gonna take away from the love me and your father have for you. Got it?"

She nodded, "Got it."

"Now come here and gimme a kiss."

She ran up to me and I bent down to her level so she could kiss me.

"You ready to go?" I asked.

"Yeah, can I use the bathroom first?"

"Go right ahead."

As I poured myself a cup of coffee while waiting for her, I heard the front door open and close. I assumed it was either Lala or Bey coming to check on me, so I didn't really think much of it. That was until he appeared into the kitchen.

Finally Yours: The Sequel | Trey Songz & Kelly RowlandOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara