• twenty three: part one •

Kelly
Sunday, December 31
Miami, Florida
5:30pm

I never thought I'd be in Miami back to back like this since moving away years ago. LA is my home and it's the most convenient for me when it comes to working, but I'll always have love for Miami no matter what.

Trey, Chris, Lala and I touched down here yesterday afternoon so we could have some time to chill before the big night tonight. Instead of staying at a hotel, I decided that we should finally make use of my old house. Yeah, I still own it all these years later. I honestly be forgetting about it sometimes. The last time I've even stepped foot in this house was six years ago, when I ran away to Miami for a day after getting in an argument with Trey and I found Tim here because he was having problems with his lil Becky chick.

Don't worry, Tim no longer lives here. Last time I heard, he ended up marrying the girl and they moved to Kentucky or some shit like that. Hope he's enjoying his dusty little life.

Anyways, right now the four of us were in our rooms getting ready so we could head over to the club. We're gonna be there hours earlier just so we can check it out and make last minute adjustments if necessary. We also wanna have some time to chill by ourselves before all the people come.

"Damn Kelz..." I heard Trey say, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"What happened? I got something on me?" I looked down at my dress and started brushing it off.

He chuckled, "Nah babe. You just look good as shit."

I smiled, "Aww, thank you baby

I smiled, "Aww, thank you baby. You know I can't be looking raggedy for your big night."

"You could never look raggedy. That's not a thing. It will never be a thing."

"You're so sweet." I gave him a kiss and then hugged him, taking in his scent. He was wearing my favorite cologne today.

"I mean, I don't mind standing here with you like this but we should probably get going soon."

I giggled and pulled away, "True. I would go see if Lala and Chris are ready but I don't wanna walk into anything."

"Kelz I doubt they're doing that right now." he laughed. "They know when we're supposed to leave."

"Trey, think about how many times we've made ourselves late to events because of what were supposed to be quickies."

"Damn, you're right. Good times..." his voice trailed off and he smirked at me.

"Alright ya nasty. Get your mind out the gutter cause that's exactly how shit gets started."

"I'm chillin for now. But best believe I'm tearing ya sexy ass up at some point tonight. I hope you didn't think you was just gonna look that good and I wasn't gonna be all up in that." he said, looking me up and down and licking his lips.