• thirty two: part one •

Kelly
Saturday, April 20
Los Angeles, California

Today is officially the last day of the tour and I'm having mixed feelings about it.

On one hand, I'm glad that I'll be returning to my regular shmegular life; but on the other hand, I'm gonna miss being on stage with my girls. In a way, this tour has been a slight escape from reality and a chance for us to go back to our younger years when we were always together like the three musketeers.

It's been so much fun and I would do it all again if I could, but in reality, all three of us have responsibilities outside of performing.

A text from Bey in our group chat interrupted my thoughts. She asked me and Michelle to come to her room promptly because she had a surprise for us. This better be good, because I'm mighty comfy in my bed right now.

I got up and headed to the bathroom to freshen up, then eventually made my way to her suite. I knocked on the door and it swung open within seconds, revealing Bey with a disapproving look on her face.

"I said to come here quickly, not no damn 30 minutes later."

"Oh hush. I'm here now ain't I?" I chuckled, playfully gesturing for her to move over so I could go inside. As soon as I got into her living area, I noticed Michelle talking to someone, and I soon realized that it was...

"SOLO!"

"Sista sistaaaa!" she shouted, running up to me. We hugged each other tightly, rocking side to side.

"I missed you so much my love!" I exclaimed, trying not to cry.

"I missed you too killa Kelz. I bet you're wondering why I'm here instead of at home." she said, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Yeah! I wasn't expecting to see you until after the show, with everyone else."

"Change of plans... I'm gonna be in the show."

I shrieked, "Bitch, for real?!"

"Surpriiiise." Bey sang. "Solo's gonna be an opening act tonight. She'll have her own set after Chloe x Halle's."

Solange nodded in confirmation, "Indeed. Since y'all are closing out the tour in LA, I thought why not pop out and sing a few songs or whateva."

"I'm here for it! So is the pre-show starting earlier than usual?" I asked.

"Yes ma'am. My girls will still have their hour and then Solo will have another hour." Bey explained.

"I can't wait for you to go out there and kill it." Michelle said to Solo.

"Me too, Chelle. I'm just glad i'ma be on y'alls stage as an actual performer and not a background dancer." Solo replied jokingly.

Bey gave her a look. "Don't try to act brand new. If I were to call you up on stage to perform a song with us tonight, you'd run up there like your life depended on it."

"...I can't even deny that." she admitted, causing us all to laugh.

Solange
Later that day

"Oh Kellyyyyy!" I hollered after using the spare key card she gave me to open the door to her suite.

I decided to come bother her. She had left Bey's room a few hours ago to take a nap; I don't know if she woke up yet but either way i'ma kick it in here. Call me the annoying sister but I don't care. I take pride in that title.