• seventy: part three •

This is the last chapter before the epilogue.
The epilogue will be posted tomorrow.

Book #3 is almost hereeeee 👀

———————————————————————

Kelly

Flashback
*Sunday, February 4, 2017*

"Baby you gotta stop stressing. Everything will work itself out. You have to think of the bigger picture."

"Trey this is the 10th person to cancel on me just this weekend alone! Our wedding is a week from today and everything is falling apart. This is a disaster!" I was really on the verge of bursting out into full blown tears; I was barely hanging on by a thread.

"10 people out of how many? There are hundreds of guests attending, a few no-shows won't hurt us at all. It's more of their loss than ours anyway. They the ones about to be missing out."

"It's the principle Trey! What if this is just the beginning of a week full of letdowns? Like a domino effect. Next it'll be the caterer, then the photographer, then the DJ... I- I just can't-" My chest heaved up and down and my stomach was bubbling and doing flips.

"Kelly you are getting yourself so worked up, you boutta make yourself sick. You can't put this type of negativity out in the atmosphere. No matter what happens, one thing no one can take from us is that I'm gonna become your husband and you're gonna be my wife. Ain't nothing about to stop me from marrying you, hear me?"

I was about to acknowledge what he said but whatever the fuck was going on with my stomach had other plans.

"Kelly...? Kelly."

I quickly ran towards the bathroom as I felt something about to come up my throat. As if today couldn't get any worse, here I was on my knees throwing up pretty much every single thing I ate today.

"Aw Kelz. Damn." Trey came up to me and rubbed my back as I flushed the toilet and started to clean myself up.

"Don't say I told you so." I mumbled after washing my mouth.

"Of course not. All I want is for you to be okay and happy."

"I am happy baby, I'm just so fucking nervous. Every time things are going well with us, something or someone pops up tryna ruin it. I know I'm overthinking but I can't help it. I think I just need a reminder that we're good."

"Everything's gonna turn out perfect, just wait on it. You deserve nothing but the best and that's exactly what this wedding will be." He pulled me closer to him and gave me a kiss. "How bout you lay down and get some rest while I go tie up any loose ends about next weekend? I can bring you some food when I get back but it might be a while."

I nodded, "It's okay babe, I'm gonna call Bey over in a little bit so I think I'll ask her. Thank you though, you're the best."

****

"Girl those better be tears of joy. Didn't y'all lowkey plan this?"

"They are. We did." I sniffled as I looked down at the positive pregnancy test in my hand. I had a feeling this was the reason why my body has been acting up but I wasn't too sure. I called Bey to talk about it and she agreed with me and rushed here with the test. Clearly my suspicions were right. I was currently experiencing an overflow of emotions, the main one being happiness.

"My sista finally about to be a mommy! This is one of the best days of my life!" she squealed and hugged me for like the fifth time since the results came up.