• forty two •

Kelly
Tuesday, July 16

"Michelle my Belle!"

"My Kelly Kel Kelz! I'm surprised you even answered the phone."

I looked at her through my screen like she had three heads. "The hell you talmbout?"

"I'm talkin bout the fact that I've barely heard from your butt in a month! It's okay though, I know you've been laid up with yo man."

"First of all, the phone works both ways hunty! You could've called me. Secondly, Trey's always in the studio, he's barely here."

"Why wouldn't he be taking some time off to be home with you?" she asked.

"Oh trust me, he's wanted to. I'm the one who's been forcing him to get outta here and do his own thing. I don't want him restricting himself just because of my condition. It would make me feel even worse."

"Awww. Don't you feel lonely though?"

"Hell yeah I do, especially with Kiara being at day camp. That's why Bey, Solo and La come to visit often. The only person who hasn't come to see me is you, Ms. Tenitra Michelle Williams."

"Not the whole government!" she laughed. "I'm sorry sis, I've just been busy."

I smirked, "I ain't even mad at you girl, I know why you been busy."

"Hmm? What are you getting at?"

"Word on the street is you've been enjoying the men that Bey and Solo picked out for you."

"That word may be true..."

"Sooo is there one who you're feeling more than the others?" I asked, wiggling my eyebrows.

"Can I be honest?"

"Please do."

"I'm having fun dating them all at the same time. I don't wanna choose yet."

"Okay bitch! My good sis having a Hot Girl Summer!" I shouted, clapping my hands.

"I'm about to hang up the dang phone." she laughed.

"Girl I'm not judging you. I think we've all been through that phase in life. It's a part of being single, duh! Do what you gotta do, just make sure you're protecting your happiness. You know that's what matters the most."

"Yes ma'am." she agreed.

I was about to say something else when I saw Trey's name pop up on the screen, indicating an incoming call.

"Oop, girl lemme hit you back. My boo calling me." I said quickly.

"Unh unh, he can't wait? We're catching up here, helloooo!"

"Well maybe if you came over more often, we wouldn't have much catching up to do now would we?" I retorted jokingly.

She laughed, "I'll come by the house later, I promise."

I ended the call with her then put Trey on the line.

"Hiii babyyy." I answered all giddy like a damn schoolgirl.

"Hey beautiful. Come downstairs real quick, I wanna show you something."

"Downstairs?" I said, confused. "Ain't you supposed to be in the studio?"

"Nah I've been home this whole time." he laughed mischievously, "Come to the basement. I have a surprise for you."

"Oof... all the way down there?" I winced.

"You want me to come get you?"

"No no, I should be fine. It's just gon take me about five minutes." I said, half joking half serious.