• fifty six •

Kelly
Tuesday, December 31

I knocked three times on Solo's front door, loud enough so I knew for sure she heard. "Open da fuck up."

"Unh unh, who is this. Do I need to get my bat?"

"Girl you better not." I laughed.

"Where my babies?" she asked as soon as she opened the door.

"Damn why can't it ever be just me? Am I not enough?"

"Eh, you ain't that special."

"Cool." I nodded then turned and started to walk away and she grabbed me by the arm to pull me back towards her.

"I'm playing with you sissy." She hugged me then let me in. "Just surprised that you're here out of all places."

"What does that mean?"

"You know, it's been a while since you've came here to hang out. I usually come to you or we're around company."

I frowned, "Okay this is making me kinda sad."

"No! I'm not tryna make you feel bad about it, I'm just saying. All of y'all are busy, I get it. You have TJ and ever since you and Trey have been back on track, y'all are pretty much inseparable. Then Bey's been working on her stuff and Michelle's been kicking it with her man. Everyone's just on different timing, it's cool."

"Solo you not making it sound any better."

"Oh gosh Kelz," she laughed, "it's fine! Sheesh, can never tell yo ass shit."

I cut my eyes at her, "Shut up. Julez came back from Houston right? Where he at?"

"Oh he's with Kiyan. He's been anxious to come back just so he can give him some support during this difficult time. You know that's like his bro."

"Aww, that's so cute."

"Ain't it? Speaking of which, I need to go see my girl soon. Us Cancer sisters gotta stick together. I'm glad to hear she's home already."

"Yeah, thankfully they let her leave a day earlier than expect- wait, where did you hear that from?"

"It's all over social media, duh. I even cut on the TV earlier and saw them talking about it, trying to speculate what caused her to slip into the coma in the first place."

"And I hope they never find out." I mumbled.

"Okay well can I find out? Shoot."

I sighed, "Carmelo."

"Excuse me?! He did this to her?!"

"I don't wanna talk about it."

"Ughhh, I hate when you do that shit. You can't just drop a bomb on me like that and then not say anything else. I need details!"

"Well I really ain't come here to talk about that, Solo. I came here to talk about you."

"Me? What about me?"

"Well," I began, "Bey and I were talking casually the other day and uh, somehow your divorce came up..."

I know Bey and I were supposed to talk to her about this together but the more I thought about it, I really didn't see the point. What would Solo and I need a mediator for? We're two grown women perfectly capable of having a simple conversation.

She groaned, "She told you didn't she?"

"Told me what?" I taunted, hoping I could trick her into saying it right then and there.