• sixteen •

Kelly
Saturday, October 14

"Kelly you need to cheer yourself up already."

"What you mean? I'm fine."

"Lie again. You've been feeling some type of way all week and it escalated once Trey left yesterday morning."

"Girl you trippin."

"Face the truth!"

I sighed, "Alright Bey. I'm bothered. Very bothered. I've been trying to get him to talk to me all week and if it doesn't have to do with Kiara or something small, it's hopeless. And then he just leaves without us solving anything?"

"I mean he's coming back tomorrow so y'all can still talk."

"Nah, this shit should've been over with before he left. None of this makes sense. Like he really said I'm... ugh, I feel like crying just thinking about it."

"Awww, why?"

"Because Bey. I've supported this man with every fiber of my being since we've been together, hell even before that. Then he gon turn around and say that shit, just because I'm not going to one event? Is this what I get for being honest?!"

"Sometimes honesty comes with a price."

"It's ridiculous. First Lala gon tell me I don't care about her and then Trey calls me selfish? I'm about to just stop talking forever because every time I open my mouth, it's a problem."

"It sure is." Beyoncé mumbled and I gave her the finger.

"I'm just kidding." she laughed. "But see, there's good and bad in communication. It's good because you're laying everything out on the table and getting in touch with your emotions, but then the things you say might hurt the ones you love. Whether it's a relationship, friendship, or family."

I gave her some snaps, "Damn sis. That was deep. On some Mama T type shit."

"I am truly my mother's child." she chuckled. "But I'ma continue to keep it real with you for a second."

"Go ahead."

"I think he felt rejected by you. Like he wanted you to be there with him as a way to spend some time with you but you basically made it seem like you didn't wanna be around him."

"You know what, you might be right." I frowned. "But that was the farthest thing from what I was trying to do. I just wanted him to have his moment."

"Yeah but he doesn't care about that. He doesn't mind y'all being the center of attention as a unit. You know he loves showing you off."

I smiled a little, "True."

"And you love being around him, right?"

"Is that even a real question?"

"Just answer it for the record."

"Yes times a thousand."

"Then you need to be around him. Literally. Go to Vegas right now."

"Wait. You had me for a minute but then ya lost me. How the hell am I just gonna up and go to Vegas?"

"What do you mean how? Get on your jet and go surprise him! I'll take Kiara to the house with me so she can see her cousins."

"And you think I'd be able to pull this off?"

"You're a smart girl, you'll figure it out."

"Aw thanks —"

"Actually never mind. You suck at surprises so i'ma help you out."

"Wow bitch."

*****