• thirty nine •

Kelly
Thursday, May 30

Trey and I were sitting in the parking lot of the counseling center and I would rather be literally anywhere else. It's funny, I'm usually very outspoken and vocal about things but now all of a sudden I don't wanna be. I'm stressed the fuck out, to be honest. I really don't know what to expect and that's what's scaring me the most.

"You okay?" I heard him ask me.

I simply nodded without looking at him because if I did, he would see that I really wasn't okay. But of course he noticed it anyway because he just knows me that well.

"Hey, look at me." he said, gently holding my chin and turning my face so we were making eye contact. "I know this isn't gonna be easy, but it'll help us get in the right direction. I just want us to be us again."

"I do too..."

"Promise me you'll stick with me through this whole thing, no matter how hard it gets."

I sighed and shook my head, "Trey I can't promise that."

Technically I only agreed to one session. If I end up having an unpleasant experience, I can't guarantee that I'll have the mental strength to go to another one.

"Okay well at least promise that you'll try."

I thought carefully for a few seconds then eventually nodded my head slowly.

"I need it to be verbal, babe."

"I promise I'll try my best. Could you promise that you'll be patient with me and you won't give up on me?"

"When it all comes down to it Kelz, I ain't going nowhere."

"Well I need a verbal promise." I chuckled, lowkey mocking him.

"I promise, smart ass." he laughed. "Come here."

My heart fluttered as he leaned forward, grabbed my face and pulled me in for a deep kiss.

Great. We haven't had sex, let alone kissed, in a month and now all I wanna do is ride the shit out of his dick in this car.

I quickly broke the kiss before I got too carried away because at this point I was about .2 seconds from breaking the law. "Alright, let's go."

**

"Hello there! I'm Dr. Denise Jones."

"Hi, I'm Trey."

"I'm Kelly."

"A pleasure to meet you both."

She gave us a handshake and invited us to sit down on the couch across from her.

"So to start off, I wanna get to know you guys and the nature of your marriage. I'm just gonna ask you some questions to get a feel of what I can help you with. It might feel like an interrogation but just speak from the heart and you'll see that it won't be that bad. Cool?"

"Okay." Trey replied.

"...That's fine." I said hesitantly.

"So, what brings you here today?"

I looked over at Trey, giving him the floor to speak because I know he can answer that question way better than I can.

"Well we've always struggled with communication, but I recently made a bad decision that has caused worse tension between us than usual." he confessed.

"Okay, we can get more into that later. But for now, Kelly does that sound correct to you or is there anything you'd like to add?" she asked me.

"Nope, it's actually very accurate." I replied.