• forty three •

Lala
Friday, August 16

"Good morning sunshine."

"Hey babyyy." I smiled as I walked into Chris' kitchen, approaching him and standing on my tiptoes to give him a kiss.

"How'd you sleep?"

"Great, thank you." I replied. "Watchu cooking for me?"

"Nun serious at the moment, just eggs. What you want with it? Bacon, sausage, pancakes, waffles?"

"Awww, it's good babe, I'll just take the eggs. I should head home soon before I have to hear from Kiyan's mouth."

He chuckled, "Do you be telling him when you're coming here to spend the night or do you just be disappearing?"

"Eh... a little bit of both." I replied truthfully.

"La!"

"What?" I laughed, "The boy is 16 now, he's old enough for me to trust him to do his own thing while I do mine. I ain't always gotta tell him where I'm at. He don't always tell me."

"I mean he's a mature kid, and y'all do have a pretty good relationship so I get it." he said. "I just don't want him to think I'm taking you away from him or anything. Ion wanna overstep any boundaries."

"Of course not Chris, he loves you! He talks about you all the time. Good things always."

"Well I'm glad to hear that, cause I've been thinking..."

"Mhm..." I wrapped my arms around him and looked up, giving him my undivided attention.

"We should move in together."

"...Oh wow." I whispered, stunned. "Do you think we're ready for that?"

"I really do." he replied confidently. "We're almost at a solid eight months. And with the way you always be over here, we might as well make it official."

"Honestly babe, I've been thinking the same thing lately as well." I admitted. "I'm just surprised to hear you actually say it."

He smiled, "So let's do it."

"Trust me I want to, but it's kinda complicated cause we both got kids. So it's like, who's gonna do the moving?"

"It's whatever you prefer baby."

"Well... Ya know, Royalty's younger, and she's already used to this house so I wouldn't wanna take that away from her. I'll talk to Kiyan to see how he feels."

"And you really wanna do this? I'm not tryna pressure you."

"You're so cute when you overthink." I giggled. "I do wanna take this next step with you Chris. It's just a matter of what works best for the kids. And I also don't know if me moving would cause problems in court."

The custody hearing keeps getting pushed back and I don't want to do anything to delay it even further. It's already a headache in itself so I'm not trying to add anything else to it.

"Shit, the court don't gotta know. Just don't sell your house and that way they'll think you still live there. Is that illegal or sumn?"

I laughed, "It could be, but I'm willing to take the risk for you."

"Wow, little ole me? I feel special." he replied in a silly tone.

"You are special, baby." I kissed his lips, "My whole heart. I love you so so much."

"Mmm, I love you more sexy." he mumbled, giving me another kiss while gripping onto my ass.

****