• fifty five: part one •

Chris
Sunday, December 29
Richmond, Virginia

I'm really going out on a limb by thinking the person I needed to deal with would be here right now, but from the short time I've gotten to know them, all roads lead to this one.

Trey and I ended up landing at Richmond Airport and we were escorted inside where we started to search for our person of interest. I explained everything to Trey while we were in flight and although he wasn't all the way with it because he thought it was bad timing, he at least understood why it made sense for him to come along with me.

Just as I was about to give up our search and accept the fact that I ain't put two and two together like I thought I did, I spotted her near baggage claim. I brought it to Trey's attention and he nodded his head, impressed.

"Well I'll be damned. She really is here."

"I'm not one to waste your time bro. I wouldn't have brought you here if I ain't have a good reason for it." I replied.

He gave me a side eye, "Don't speak too soon. You better hope she cooperates."

We carefully snuck up behind her and placed one hand on each of her shoulders.

"Hey stranger..." I said. Her body froze up quick when she recognized my voice.

She looked up at both me and Trey with so much fear in her eyes you would've thought she saw Michael Myers.

"What- how-"

"Cat got ya tongue?" I smirked. "Where you headed? Need a ride?"

"Uh, I- I have an Uber coming."

"Why go through all that trouble when you can roll with us for free?"

"No thanks." she responded quickly.

"Oh come on Casandra, I just wanna talk." I gave her shoulder a little squeeze.

"Chris I really don't—"

I leaned forward and whispered into her ear, "The more difficult you make this, the more painful it will be for you. Pick your poison."

She sighed in defeat, "At least let me get my damn luggage."

"Now what kind of man would I be if I let you handle those heavy things by yourself? I'll take care of them for you."

I retrieved her suitcases and we led her outside of the airport, walking closely enough to her so she wouldn't be able to pull a fast one and escape.

We got to a closed off area in the airport parking lot with no type of surveillance, where one of my boys from way back in the day was in his car waiting for us. Trey and I left Casandra's side for two seconds to go greet him, which she took as an opportunity to try to run away.

Trey caught up to her with ease and held onto her, and my homie passed me his glock which I had no choice but to pistol whip her ass with.

"Bro, deadass?" Trey said to me as he let her now unconscious self go.

"You're the one who let her drop to the floor." I shrugged, pointing at her. "She wanted to be extra so now we gotta do this the hard way. Where we putting her body?"

"...In the trunk." my boy replied.

"What about her bags?"

"...In the trunk."

"Wait, did you go get Melo's body from the jet like I asked?"

"Yup, it's in the big ass duffel bag... in the trunk."