• sixty four •

Kelly
Saturday, May 30

"Where y'all going?"

"Kiki we already done told you."

"Why can't I come? It's not a school night."

"I'm sorry, are you 21 and over?"

"No, but-"

"Then there's no way you'll be stepping foot in a club."

"But I wanna party!"

"You'll be partying here with your grandma and little bro."

"TJ can't hang, he'll be sleep as soon as you leave. And grandma's cool but y'all are way more cooler."

I couldn't help but laugh, "Jeez Kiara, as if she's not in the other room."

"She knows it's all outta love."

I shook my head and walked out the kitchen with her still on my tail. "So can I come?"

"Kiara are you really serious right now? Like really."

"Yes! Y'all always get to have the real fun." she pouted.

"Cause we grown. Listen, tomorrow your dad and I can take you somewhere. For tonight can you just sit your behind in the house and try to create your own fun? I'll even tell grandma to let you stay up as late as you want."

"Ughhhh. Fine." she groaned, rolling her eyes.

She usually doesn't do all this extraness when Trey and I go somewhere for the night but the country just got out of lockdown because the virus finally stopped being a threat, so I understand she's eager to go out. Hell, everyone and they mama has been.

{A/N: I know this isn't realistic but just pretend they live in a world where it is 😭}

"She giving you a hard time ain't she?" Mama A said as Kiara and I walked into the living room.

"Talking bout she wanna party. She thinks she's an adult."

"Well at least when I finally am one in the future, you'll already be used to it." She sat next to Mama A and took the remote and started surfing through Netflix. TJ was in Mama's arms reaching for me and I picked him up.

"You wanna come too huh?" I said to him before kissing his face. He started talking gibberish while playing in my hair. "Okay son I'ma need you to not do that. This hair gotta stay laid."

I tried to give him back to Mama A but he latched onto me tighter and started fussing.

"Awww, baby I gotta go get ready." I looked down at him and he was giving me sad lil puppy dog eyes. See, he already knows how to get to me. I think it's safe to say I've passed down my natural sense of clinginess to both these kids. Now I'm really standing here debating if I should just cancel this whole thing and stay home with them.

"Come on upstairs with mommy." I sighed.

"Ayeeee my boy!" Trey exclaimed, taking him out of my hands when I made it into our room.

"Phew, I'm finally free. He was not tryna let me go."

"It's way past ya bedtime anyway, isn't it?" He lifted TJ up in the air and he started playing on his head like a drum. "Now hold up, why you hitting me?"

"That's him telling you to mind your business and he'll go to bed when he wants." I joked. He put him down giving him freedom to crawl around the room.

"We finna be late as hell."

"Why do you say that?" I replied.

"Uh, cause we supposed to leave in half an hour and your makeup not done nor are you dressed."