• twenty one •

{A/N: I changed Kiara's character, so if you received notifications from previous chapters it's because I was changing her pictures. This right here is a new update though, sooo enjoy 😇👇🏾}

Trey
Monday, December 25

"Mommy! Daddy! Wake up, it's Christmas!" I heard Kiara's little voice scream while jumping onto our bed.

I groaned and reached over to look at the time on my phone. 7am on the dot on a day where she's not even going to school. This girl does not play about this holiday.

"Merry Christmas daddy." Kiara said, climbing over to give me a hug.

I smiled and shook my head, "Merry Christmas babygirl. Got me up at the crack of dawn."

"Can I wake up mommy?"

"Um I don't know if that's a good—"

Too late. She was already in Kelly's face trying to shake her awake.

"Ughhhhh. Who is this?" Kelly mumbled with her eyes still closed. Well, y'all can see where Kiara gets her heavy sleeping from. How she ain't hear her coming into the room screaming?

"It's me mommy. Merry Christmas!"

Kelly opened her eyes and wiped them before looking at Kiara who was still all up in her face. She couldn't help but laugh.

"Merry Christmas sweetie." She gave Kiara a hug and kiss. "You're lucky it's you. If it were anyone else, I would've been so mad right now."

"Dang, even me?" I joked.

She checked the time on her phone, "At 7am? Yes, even you."

She sat up and put Kiara on her lap.

"Can I go open my presents?" Kiara asked Kelly.

"You gotta go brush your teeth first."

"I did already."

Kelly did a breath check and nodded her head. "Indeed you did. Okay. Can you just wait downstairs for me and your daddy?"

"Y'all got five minutes." she said, dead seriously.

I turned my head in shock. "Lil girl, you can barely count to 100! Tryna give us a time limit."

"Hush Trey. You heard the girl." Kelly laughed. "We'll be down in five minutes, we promise." she said to Kiara.

Kiara scurried out of the room and I got out of bed to make my way to the bathroom. Kelly decided to lay back down but I held her by her arm to get her back up.

"Nuh uh, Kelz. You wanted to entertain the girl and her 'five minutes' so you getting ya ass up." I laughed.

"But I'm tired!" she groaned. "Y'all can start without me."

"You just promised her you'd be down there."

"Alright just give me a few minutes to rest my eyes."

"Kelendria. If I have to carry you to the bathroom, I will."

"Boy please..." I could see that her eyes were closing and like I said, I lifted her up and started walking.

"Okaaaaay Trey, damn! I'm up!"

"I'm still not putting you down. Cause knowing you, you'll run right back to the bed."

We made our way downstairs after taking a few minutes to freshen ourselves up and we heard some commotion coming from the living room.

"The hell is all that noise?" Kelly groaned.

I laughed, "It's Kiara playing with our son."

"Ugh, I be forgetting about that damn dog sometimes. That's your son, he ain't got nothing to do with me."