• thirty one: part one •

Kelly
Saturday, February 10
Milan, Italy

"Ladies, I have a fun afternoon planned for us."

I took off my sunglasses and placed them on top of my head so Bey could see the way I was staring at her. We had just touched down in Milan and were about to get settled into our hotel rooms, and I planned on taking a nap in the very same sweats I was currently wearing. Where am I gonna find the energy to be out all day and perform tonight?

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Bey asked me.

"Because I'm too tired to be doing shit." I replied bluntly. "Catch me later on tonight."

"Unh unh. You're not about to be Ms. Grumpy today. We are going wine tasting and shopping as a pre-birthday celebration and I'm not taking no for an answer."

"Bey..."

"Kelendria, lighten up. We're in Italy for crying out loud, one of your favorite places!" Michelle chimed in.

"With none of my favorite people."

Bey gasped dramatically, "Wow, so it's just fuck us huh? I'm offended!"

"We've been together every single day for the past month. If anything, I'm tired of y'all hoes."

"Bitch disrespect us one more time!" Bey exclaimed.

"Oh girl relax, I'm only kidding!" I laughed. "All jokes aside, I think it's really thoughtful and sweet of you to plan a day for me."

"So...?"

I rolled my eyes playfully, "So, let's go get dressed."

"Yesssss!"

****

We arrived at the winery a couple of hours later and the host greeted us and led us to our seats in the wine tasting room.

"Ooooh... We gon get ourselves in trouble." I mumbled as I looked at all the different wine bottles at the table in front of us. Lord knows we weren't supposed to be drinking on the day of a show, but fuck it. I highkey need this.

"Let's get started, ladies." the host said to us. "In front of each of you, there are different types of red wines, white wines, sparkling, and rosés. They each have their own unique aromas and tastes which you will be exploring today. I encourage you to eat some snacks while you do so."

He motioned toward the platters of fruit, cheese and crackers, and chocolates nearby.

He continued, "Let's start with the red wines, shall we?"

He poured the first bottle into each of our glasses.

"This is one of our younger wines, as you can see from how vibrant the color is. Hold it up to your nose and tell me what it smells like."

We swirled the wine in our glasses and did as he instructed.

"Oh my goodness, it smells like roses!" I said excitedly.

"She loves roses, in case that wasn't obvious." Bey said to the host.

I brought the glass to my lips and took a sip. "Mmmm, this is so good."

"Girl, didn't nobody tell you to drink it yet." Bey chuckled.

"It was calling my name." I shrugged and downed the rest of it, then took a strawberry from the platter.

"Well I'm glad you like it." the host said, amused by my antics.

"It tastes heavenly. Y'all should buy me a bottle if you really love me." I said to the girls.