• seventy: part one •

Kelly
Saturday, March 28

I am so over this pregnancy.

Ya girl is eight months along now, literally the final stretch. Emphasis on 'stretch' because that's all my body has been doing. I can't see shit past this stomach, I done gained weight everywhere and doing anything besides eating and sleeping is a 'stretch.' And don't even get me started on the constant pain, everywhere. I don't even be wanting to have sex, that's how you know this whole experience has really been taking a toll on me.

But believe it or not, all of this is worth it. I feel powerful in the fact that I've been able to carry these babies and I can't wait to meet them in just a few short weeks. I've already grown so attached to them while they've been in the womb so I can only imagine how I'll be when they're actually here. And of course Trey's even more excited than I am, just like he's been with my other pregnancies.

Right now we were chillin in the living room before we had to start getting ready for this triple baby shower later today. It's taking place here, and him and I are supposed to get started on the decorations but it's still early so I'm trying to relax as much as I can.

He was being a sweetheart and massaging my aching feet while I was laying on the sofa on FaceTime with Bey. Sis just dropped a bomb on me and now I'm hype.

"So Solange got a man and I'm the last to find out?!"

"You're not the last to find out girl. I'm the only other person who knows. Mama don't even know yet." she replied.

"Well in that case, damn you out here telling people Solo's business?" I chuckled.

"Oh don't try to act all high and mighty now. You know yo nosy ass don't care for real, the way you live for some tea."

"Of course I care, I would be mad if it were my business being put out there! ... So what's his name? When did they start dating? Is he coming to the shower?"

"Thank you for proving my point." she laughed. "He is coming to the shower, which is why I won't answer any of those other questions. You'll just have to see."

"Come on now, you could give me a lil something."

"You bout to make me regret telling you."

"That's not very nice, Giselle." I fake pouted. "Is she tryna make this a surprise or what?"

"Not even that. I just feel like she should be the one to choose what to tell people."

"Girl I ain't 'people.' Look, all I want is a little bit of background on the dude, especially if he's coming to my house. What if he's crazy?"

"Now why would she be dating someone crazy? Are you saying she doesn't have good judgement when it comes to choosing men?"

"Noooo! It's just... well okay, have you seen him yet?"

"Nope, she wouldn't even show me a pic. She's doing the whole mystery man type thing I guess."

"See, exactly. I wanna be able to scope him out just in case I see any red flags she hasn't noticed."

"Hmmm. I see what this is really about."

"What?"

"How you being more of an overprotective sister than me?"

"Overprotective?! Never that." I said waving my hand dismissively.

"Sis, either you're just outright lying or it's the pregnancy brain. You're very overprotective of literally everyone you love, which isn't a bad thing, but it's definitely the truth."