• thirty •

Kelly
Friday, February 9
Barcelona, Spain
11am

It's been about a month since we've been traveling and I'm loving it. We done went from Australia to Asia to Africa, and we just now arrived in Spain which was our first stop in Europe.

After we all got ourselves settled into our rooms, I decided to call Trey just to see his face real quick, even though I was literally about to see him on Sunday. Yup, he and Kiara are supposed to come see me for a few days. In case y'all forgot, February 11th is two national holidays in one: my birthday and our anniversary. So they'll be here to celebrate with me. Happy is an understatement for how I feel. I've missed my babies so much, so the fact that I'll be able to see them two months earlier than expected is great.

"Hi cutie." I said to Trey once he picked up the call.

He smiled, "Hey baby. Where y'all at right now?"

"We just got to Barcelona not too long ago."

"Ayeee, that's good to hear."

"Yup, I'm excited but I'll be even more excited once I see you in Italy."

His facial expression changed, "See, about that... I have something to tell you."

"I don't like the way you said that..." I sat up on the bed, "What is it?"

He took a deep breath, "I won't be able to make it on the 11th."

I started laughing, "You're joking right?"

"I wish I was..."

"Trey what do you mean you can't make it?!" I said in a slightly higher voice than I was previously speaking in.

"So, it's like this. The label set up a last minute show for me to do in Vegas... It's on Sunday night."

"So cancel it, the fuck?" I replied in an agitated tone. I don't understand why he's making it sound complicated.

"That's the thing. I can't cancel it because it's coming out of the label's pockets. If I don't do the show, the label gets penalized for it which means I get penalized for it. They could even drop me."

"This makes absolutely no sense. You've been with them for how many years? You should have the right not to do something if it conflicts with your personal life."

"They already set it up so I can't do anything to change it."

"Just fucking reschedule it! Why would they set it up without you being present anyway?!"

"I don't know, but I have to make sure they fund my next album, so I can't really argue against what they tell me to do."

"Oh, so that's more important than me?"

"Kelly don't be ridiculous. That'll never be the case and you know it. I tried to work something out with them but I really can't get out of it."

"You didn't try hard enough. We wouldn't be having this conversation if you did."

"Baby come on. I can still make it in time for Valentine's Day. We can celebrate everything then."

"Fuck a Valentine's Day! That's everyone else's day, I want you to be here for our day." I may sound bratty and a little selfish right now but I don't give a damn. This is some bullshit.

"Honestly Kelz, you should be lucky that I'm even coming at all."

I chuckled to myself and shook my head. "Wow. Well excuse me if coming to see your wife for her birthday and y'alls anniversary after not seeing her for a month is too much of a burden to you."