• sixty seven: part one •

Hey guys, before you start reading this chapter I just wanted to take a moment and say that I hope you've been taking care of yourselves mentally and emotionally as much as you can in the midst of all the chaos going on in the world rn. From the pandemic, to the racism, police brutality/killing of our black people, and anything in general that you may be going through. Times have been really tough, I know. 😪💔

I'm here if you ever need to talk. My DMs are always open 💗

BLACK LIVES MATTER ✊🏽✊🏾✊🏿

———————————————————————

Kelly
Saturday, July 26
San Juan, Puerto Rico

"Whew, let me sit my ass down."

I was chillin with Lala, Cici, Gabby, Serena, and Kim in our suite after the rehearsal dinner for the wedding which was tomorrow.

Well, scratch that, I wouldn't call it chillin. It's a full-blown bachelorette party and we been wylin out.

"Kelz lemme find out you can't handle your liquor anymore." Cici said to me.

"Who can't handle what?" I placed my hand on my chest dramatically. "Couldn't be me. I'm just getting a lil hot."

"Cause yo ass tipsy." La chimed in trying to call me out.

"Psh, not even close." I lied.

"From the way you been throwing it back all night as if ya man was right behind you, I beg to differ."

"Shoot, I wish." I muttered under my breath but they caught me.

Gabby wagged her finger at me, "None of that tonight missy. This is girl's night which means we ain't thinking about no men until tomorrow."

"Who the hell came up with that rule?" Serena protested.

"Let the record show that it was not me." I replied.

"As the oldest, I did. Cici and La co-signed." Gabby confessed.

"Damn y'all, for real?"

"Aye I don't have a choice. I can't see him until I walk down the aisle." La shrugged.

"Exactly, and neither should we with ours." Gabby said.

"Now hold on now." Serena and I said literally at the same time.

"Come on y'all. We be with them all day every damn day, including today with the wedding rehearsal and dinner. I think we can handle it. And besides do you really think they're thinking about us at that bachelor party right now?"

"I know what they better not be thinking about." Serena mumbled.

"Oop. And that wasn't even me this time." I laughed.

"Listen I'm down with the cause and all, but it's gonna suck getting drunk without dick to look forward to afterwards." Cici frowned.

"THAT part!"

"Well we could always sneak away in the middle of the night." Serena said.

"Noted sis."

"You guys!" Gabby shouted. "Stop being wack. And Kelly hush up agreeing with them."

"Meanie." I fake pouted.

"We gotta stand in solidarity with La. Tonight and tomorrow's focus will be solely on getting her right and ready. No distractions... or should I say dick-stractions." She started cracking up at her own joke and we all just gave her blank stares.