• eighteen •

Kelly
Tuesday, November 21

"Kelly, it's 3am. I ain't going to sleep until you do."

"For the last time Tremaine, I can't sleep." I said frustratedly.

"You need to talk about what happened. You're lowkey concerning me because you went from being extremely angry to extremely quiet."

I rolled my eyes, "Can we just talk about it later?"

"Nope, because I know you're bound to blow up. And I'd rather you do it now than to keep it bottled up during this trip."

"I'm just overwhelmed, Trey. Very, very overwhelmed."

"Tell me more." he encouraged.

"I really don't wanna get into it because I know i'ma start crying."

"And I'm your shoulder to cry on. So talk to me."

I'm trying to wrap my head around everything and I can't. It's so many questions. Why was Casandra really dating Chris? Was it really just a coincidence?

A part of me thought maybe she actually did love him and this wasn't a part of some plot, but then I thought about Janay. It just doesn't make sense how she ended up on the same exact cruise on the same exact day as us. And without her daughter? I understand it's difficult to take your child out of school for a vacation. I mean, I had to pull a bunch of strings to do it for Kiara. But I still find it hard to believe Janay would be on a trip by herself without a valid reason.

"I just wanted to have a good week," I began. "I've been looking forward to this for the longest, and it gets ruined on the first day. Now Casandra is one thing, but why does Janay keep popping up? Ever since that bitch came back into our lives, it's been nothing but trouble. I'm tired, Trey."

"I know and I don't understand any of this either. Something doesn't seem right. I ain't like the energy I sensed when they were here."

"I swear to God, I can't handle another incident like what happened back in 2016. We have a child now. I don't know what I would do with myself if Kiara was ever in danger. Trey I can't even imagine..." At this point my voice cracked and I was trying hard to fight the tears that I knew were coming.

"Come here baby." he said softly, bringing me close to him and wrapping his arms around me. "Kiara's never gonna be in danger, because we'll always be right there. We don't know anything for sure right now, so I don't want you overthinking. I just want you to feel better."

"I'm over it." I mumbled under my breath, obviously lying to myself.

"I can tell you're not. It's okay to cry, Kelz. Blow up now so you don't blow up later."

I sighed and buried my face in his chest, letting the tears fall. It wasn't even tears of sadness or fear, but tears of anger and frustration. I hate that I let those bitches get under my skin like this, but whatever. I'll bounce back.

Chris

I woke up and looked over to my left, making sure I wasn't dreaming. Nope. There she was, laying right next to me.

A lot of shit happened yesterday that I'd rather not think about, but what happened between me and Lala is definitely something I can't get out of my mind. And I don't want to either.

She woke up a few minutes later and I smiled at her. "Morning."

"Damn, I fell asleep here?"

I smirked, "Uh yeah. Did you really think you was gonna be able to get up and go back to your room after I was done with you?"