• seven •

Kelly
Monday, September 18

After I dropped Kiara off at school, I went straight to Bey's house so we can follow up with yesterday. Michelle was already there when I arrived. We were now sitting in Bey's living room ready to discuss things.

"So Michelle. What did Chad say?"

"Bey I swear he was more excited than me!" Michelle replied. "He's already talking about getting tickets and he said we should do an album too."

"Well then, I'll take that as a yes." Bey laughed. "I'm all for doing an album as well, but that's a conversation for another day. Kelly you talked to Trey yesterday right?"

"...Yeah I did."

"What he say?"

"Well um. He wasn't feeling it at first but I talked him into it. He likes the idea."

"Really?!" Bey said excitedly.

"Yup." I didn't exactly know how to tell them that I haven't talked to Trey yet. So I guess i'ma lie for now.

"So it's a go?!"

"I guess it is!" Michelle exclaimed and I forced myself to smile. I can't keep lying like this. I'm only digging a deeper hole for myself. I'll just talk to Trey today, pray that he says yes and everything will be fine.

Trey

So I come back home from running errands, grab some food and sit in the living room to watch TV. As the TV's on, I'm scrolling through my phone. Tell me why the first thing I see is TMZ breaking news that Destiny's Child announced a reunion. It must be some other damn Destiny's Child, cause my wife definitely would've told me otherwise.

Like clockwork, I heard the front door open meaning Kelly was coming into the house. She came into the living room and smiled when she saw me but I ain't smile back.

"Hey baby." She frowned when she realized I wasn't answering. "Hellooo... Are you not gonna answer me? ...What the hell is wrong with you?"

"What the hell is wrong with you?" I fired back.

"Excuse me?!"

"When were you gonna tell me you were going on tour?"

She froze. "How did you know about that?" she said quietly.

"Does it matter?"

"Trey I was gonna talk to you yesterday, I swear I was!"

"Why didn't you?"

"...You kinda caught me off guard with the whole baby thing."

"That shouldn't have stopped you from telling me."

"Trey I honestly didn't know how." she said.

"Why would Bey allow them to announce it if she knew you haven't told me yet?" I asked.

She sighed, "That's because she didn't know. I told her that I talked to you and you said yes."

I chuckled, "Wow. You just love to lie huh?"

"Trey stop..."

"And the fact that I had to find this out through fucking social media instead of my own wife. Hilarious."

"Baby please! I'm sorry."