The End of the World - IV

Continue from The End of the World - III

---

The three of them pushed through a door way leading to the engine room. The Doctor walked over to Lily who was clearly out of it. She was trying to come up with how could she not age? She has human parents? Or did she? Nothing seemed right at this moment. She felt like she couldn't breath. Everything was crashing down.

"Oh God what will Rose think? How could I ever explain this to mum?" She thought in a panic.

"Lily, calm down." He placed his hands on her forearms, his body vibrating from her shaking. "Red, listen to me carefully." He brought her eyes to his. "Whatever is happening to you right now with your ageing I promise you we'll find out what is happening back on the TARDIS, okay?"

Lily did a small nod, trying to hold back tears. "Okay."

He moved his thumbs to softly wipe away her tears and gave her a kiss on the forehead, making Lily smile through her sadness.

"Now, let's see." He walked away from Lily towards the large spinning blades. "Seems a bit nippy?"

"Fair do's, though, that's a great bit of air conditioning. Sort of nice and old fashioned. Bet they call it retro. Gotcha." He grabbed a panel from the wall and ripped it off. Inside was a metal like spider which crawled out, trying to escape onto the wall.

"Doctor? What is that?" Lily backed away from the spider.

"Is that part of the retro?" Jabe asked which made Lily let out a giggle.

"I don't think so." The Doctor took out his sonic and aimed it at the spider. "Hold on."

Clearly he wasn't getting anywhere with it so Jabe lacosses it with what seemed like vines, making it fall into the Doctor's hands.

"Nice." Lily took a stand beside Jabe.

"Thank you." Jabe retracted the vines. "We're not suppose to show them to the public."

"Don't worry," Lily nudged her shoulder lightly. "I can keep a secret."

Jabe looked mouth a thank you to Lily and followed her to the Doctor.

"Now," The Doctor inspected the spider. "Who has been bringing their pets onboard?"

"Sabotage?" Lily shrugged, looking down at it.

Earth Death in ten minutes

"And the tempatures about to rocket. Come on!" He called out to the two leading them out of the engine room, the spider still in his hand.

-

Smoke from the room was filling the corridor and a glare is coming through a small glass panel in the door. The little assistants have gathered, trying to get inside the room.

"Hold on. Get back." The Doctor uses the sonic on another small panel.

"Sun filter rising. Sun filter rising." The computer echoed out

"Is the Steward in there?!" Jabe called out in worry and fear.

"You can smell him." When the Doctor said that it made Lily's stomach churn. "Hold on, there's another sun filter programmed to descend.