The Doctor Dances - IV

Continue from The Doctor Dances - III

---

"There it is." Jack pointed when they made it to the crash site. "Hey . ." He narrowed his eyes and then grinned. "they've got Algy on duty. It must be important."

"We've got to get past him." The Doctor said.

"Alright." Lily look at Jack. "Should it be me or Rose?"

Jack stopped her. "I don't think that'd be such a good idea."

"Jack, you know I can handle it."

"I've got to know Algy quite well since I've been in town. Trust me, you're not his type. I'll distract him. Don't wait up."

Lily watched Jack walk away. "Still the same old Jack."

"Don't worry." The Doctor took a step closer at Lily's side. "Remember? He's a fifty-first century guy. He's just a bit more flexible when it comes to stuff like that."

Forgetting Rose was behind them, Lily looked up at the Time Lord. "Do you want to talk about the. . .er-"

"We can later." The Doctor looked down at her with a smirk, "Like you said we have something more important going on at the moment?"

"You betcha." Lily made sure to make a mental note.

"You both better." Rose sighed. "This whole thing is getting tiring."

"What thing?" Lily raised her eyebrow.

"Guys!" Their conversation was interrupted by Jack.

The trio ran over just in time to see "Algys" face turn into a gas mask. "Oh my god!" Lily remarked.

"Stay back!" The Doctor ordered as soon as they regrouped.

"You men! Stay back!" Jack ordered the remaining soldiers who stood by them.

"The effect's become air-borne, accelerating."

"What's keeping us safe?" Rose asked. Then added at last minute. "Soon to be Brother-in-law."

"Noth -" The Doctor caught what he said and looked at her with a serious look.

"Sorry." Rose gave him an amused smirk. "Stopping now."

The Doctor rolled his eyes then continued. "As I was saying . . nothing is keeping us safe."

Jack looked up, hearing planes pass by. "Ah, here they come again."

"All we need." Lily groaned, looking over at Jack. "Didn't you say a bomb was going to land here?"

"Never mind that." The Doctor said. "If the contaminants airborne now, there are hours left."

"For what?" Jack asked.

"Till nothing. Forever. For the entire human race." The Doctor frowned. "And can anyone else hear singing?"

-