The Unquiet Dead - I

As always please leave comments. I'd love to hear your thoughts <3

-

"Charles Dickens? You're incredible

"Charles Dickens? You're incredible. Inspirational even. You are the one that made me fall in love with reading!"

- Lily Carter

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

Cardiff, England
1869

Cardiff, England1869

-

"Hold that one down!" The Doctor ordered Rose while the TARDIS jerked during flight.

"I am holding this down!" Rose argued back as Lily hugged onto the console, trying to keep her balance.

The Doctor decided to teach them both how to pilot the TARDIS incase they were in dire need of help and he wasn't there. Rose was first to try it out and it wasn't going well.

"Rose! Just pressed that button!" Lily tried to help her.

"Which one?" Her voice grew impatient as she was clearly not getting it.

Lily found her balance enough to walk over beside Rose. She pressed the button she was talking about. She then walked around the console to pull down another lever and twisted a plug, pushing it down.

The TARDIS stopped its shaking ending with the sound of the ship landing.

Lily's hands quickly let go of the console in disbelief. The Doctor and Rose shared her confused look.

"How did you know how to do that?" The Doctor let go of the railing he was holding on.

"Uh." Lily couldn't think of a response as she was shocked at herself. "I guess I dreamed about you piloting all those years I caught on?"