Boomtown - III

Continue from Boomtown - II

---

Rose met Mickey who was staring at the water tower. She walked up to his side, hugging her body for warmth. "It's freezing out here!"

"Better than in there." Mickey nodded to the blue box, hands in his pockets. "She does deserve it. She's a Slitheen. I don't care. It's just weird in that box."

"I didn't really need my passport. Neither of us did." Rose confessed.

"Speaking of Lily." Mickey started. "Her and the Doctor? They seem closer than usual?"

"Yeah." Rose nodded, not being able to hide her smile. "They're together. Took long enough."

"Is that a good idea?" Mickey asked. "I mean, he can't age. That would be a difficult future, don't you think?"

Rose remembered that he didn't know about Lily's aging. Only her, the Doctor and their mother knew. Rose didn't know if she wanted Mickey to know as well so she kept it from him. For now, at least.

"Mickey. I know you see Lily as a sister and you worry for her but you need to trust her okay? She can handle herself."

"You're right." Mickey nodded. He decided to change the subject. "Anyways I've been thinking, you know, we could go have a drink? Have a pizza or something? Just you and me."

"That'd be nice." Rose smiled.

"And, I mean, if the Tardis can't leave until morning, we could go to a hotel, spend the night," Mickey added. "I mean if you want to. I've got some money."

"Okay, yeah." Rose nodded.

"Is that all right?" Mickey asked.

"Yeah," Rose reassured him.

"Cool." Mickey swallowed. "There's a couple of bars around here. We should give them a go." He remembered the Doctor and Lily. "Do you have to go and tell them?"

"It's none of their business." She smiled.

-

Lily looked over the Doctors shoulder at the scanner. They both witnessed Rose walk away with Mickey. The Doctor looked worried so Lily squeezed his arm in reassurance. "She'll be okay. She's safe with him."

The Doctor looked at her and gave her a small smile.

"What's going on?" Jack interrupted their moment.

"Nothing." The Doctor turned off the scanner. "Just-"

"I gather it's not always like this, having to wait."
Margaret turned the attention on her. "I bet you're always the first to leave, Doctor. Never mind the consequences, off you go. You butchered my family and then ran for the stars, am I right? But not this time. At last, you have consequences. How does it feel?"

"I didn't butcher them."

"Don't say anything to her," Lily warned him. "She wants you to answer back."

"I didn't." The Doctor continued. "What about you? You had an emergency teleport. You didn't zap them to safety, did you?"

"It only carries one. I had to fly without coordinates. I ended up on a skip in the Isle of Dogs." The trio snickered. Margaret glared. "It wasn't funny."