Harkness & Carter

I hope I didn't make this relationship cuter than The Doctor and Lily XD

Above is the theme for Jack and Lily if you'd like to listen to it as you read. :)

As always please leave comments. I'd love to hear your thoughts <3

-

"I should have known from the moment I met you that were going to be the one to break me

"I should have known from the moment I met you that were going to be the one to break me."

- Lily Carter

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

⋅} ────

-

February 2002

It was February eleventh, aka Lily's twenty-first birthday. Coming home from working at Hendrik's, she decided not to take the bus and go the long way home with a walk through the park. She was on the phone with her Mum while walking the park trails. She made sure to steer clear of the joggers and families on their afternoon stroll.

"Mum, I told you I didn't want a party." Lily spoke into her phone.

"It's your twenty-first Lils! You can't expect me and Rose to not do anything for you."

"I do because I asked you both not to." Lily reminded her moving to the side allowing a biker to pass by. "And I thought Rose will help me keep you in check but that seems to not be the case."

"You know Rose." Jackie replied. Lily could hear the smile in her voice. "She loves you too much to have your birthday come and go without celebrating. Remember the party you gave her for her thirteenth?"

"I remember." Lily giggled, remembering the party she spent a whole year saving up for. "Poor thing cried when the petting zoo had to leave. Good thing we had the ice cream bar to cheer her up after. Thirteen is an important birthday."