Boomtown - II

Continue from Boomtown - I

---

The Doctor, Lily, and Jack made it into the foyer first with Mickey and Rose trailing behind.

"According to intelligence, the target is the last surviving member of the Slitheen family, a criminal sect from the planet Raxacoricofallapatorious, masquerading as a human being, zipped inside a skin suit," Jack spoke, not letting anyone get a word in. "Okay, plan of attack, we assume a basic fifty-seven fifty-six strategy, covering all available exits on the ground floor. Doctor, you go face to face. That'll designate Exit One." The Doctor gave Jack a look that made Lily chuckle. "I'll cover Exit Two. Lillian, you Exit Three. Rose, you take Exit Four. Mickey Smith, you take Exit Five. Have you got that?"

The Doctor glared at Jack. "Excuse me. Who's in charge?"

Jack frowned, realizing he crossed the line. "Sorry. Awaiting orders, sir."

The Doctor gave a firm nod. "Right. Here's the plan." He paused a minute to think then looked at Jack. "Like he said. Nice plan!" Jack let out a sigh of relief. "Anything else?"

Jack ordered. "Present arms."

"Ready." The Doctor pulled out a cell phone.

"Ready," Lily added.

"Ready." Rose joined in.

"Ready," Mickey reported.

"Ready." Jack was the last to pull out a cell phone. He fiddled with his settings. "Speed dial?"

"Yup." The Doctor popped the 'p.'

"On it!" Lily spoke.

"Ready," Rose confirmed.

"Check," Mickey said.

"See ya in hell." Jack joked, and then they all went the ways they were told to go.

-

The Doctor approached a male secretary beside the Mayor's office. "Hello." He said cheekily. "I've come to see The Lord Mayor."

"Have you got an appointment?" The young employee asked.

"No." The Doctor answered. "Just an old friend passing by. Bit of a surprise. Can't wait to see her face."

"Well, she's just having a cup of tea." He replied.

"Just go in there and tell her The Doctor would like to see her."

"Doctor who?"

The Doctor sighed. "Just the Doctor. Tell her exactly that. The Doctor."

"Hang on a tick."

The Doctor calmly waited inside the door with a smile on his face. At the sound of a crashing teacup, his lips turned up in a smirk. He looked back up as the secretary came back out of the office. "The Lord Mayor says thank you for popping by." He stuttered out, definitely worried. "She'd love to have a chat, but, er . . she's up to her eyes in paperwork. Perhaps if you could make an appointment for next week?"