The Unquiet Dead - II

Continue from The Unquiet Dead - I

---

As Lily admired the view around her, Rose was too busy glaring the two of them down.

"You may have landed us perfectly Red but you got the timing a bit wrong." The Doctor read from a newspaper beside Lily. Rose took a few steps ahead to join them.

"I don't care." Lily let out a short giggle and shrugged.

"It's not 1860. It's 1869." He continued.

"Don't care."

"And its not Naples." He folded up the newspaper. "It's Cardiff."

"Oh." Her smile became a frown.

"Wow." Rose let out a short and curt laugh. "Apparently little miss perfect isn't so perfect after all. Can't even pilot the TARDIS correctly."

Lily stopped in her tracks and turn towards her sister with an annoyed expression. "Say's the girl who couldn't even park it properly. What's your problem Rose?"

"My problem?" Rose's voice grew louder. "It's not my problem. You're the one that decides to lie to your best friend. Or can I even call you that anymore?"

"Rose!"

"Wait wait wait! " The Doctor stopped them before it could turn into a cat fight. "What's going on between you two?"

Before either of them could speak a scream halted their fighting. The Doctor grinned, silently loving the interruption. "That's more like it!" He excitedly grabbed both of their arms, dragging them towards the sound.

-

They halted when they entered a theater and saw ghost-like blue entity flying throughout the building. It seemed like hundreds of play spectators pushed past the three of them not caring if they would fall over. "Fantastic!" The Doctor smiled in amazement.

"Are those actually spirits?" Lily asked, her eyes not leaving the blue entities.

"Possibly." The Doctor answered. "But that's the fun of it Red. Exploring the unknown."

As the two talked Rose scanned over the crowd to have her eyes land on a couple carrying an unconscious elderly lady out of the theater. "Oi!" She tried to get their attention. "Leave her alone!" When they didn't answer back, walking out of the doorway, Rose turned to Lily and the Doctor. "Doctor, I'll get them."

"Be careful." Lily told her. They may be fighting but Lily still cared for her younger sister's safety.

However, Rose can hold a grudge. "Like you care." She told her with a roll of her eyes before pushing through the crowd not wanting to lose the couple.

Lily's heart sank at Rose's response and The Doctor could tell she was upset. "You know Red, you have to tell her sooner than you thought."

"But how?" She looked up at him.

"You're a smart girl, Lily." The Doctor gave her a soft smile. "You'll think of something, I know it."