Dalek - IV

Continue from Dalek - III

---

The Doctor winced hearing the screams of the guards. "Perhaps it's time for a new strategy?" Van Statten spoke. "Maybe we should consider abandoning this place."

"Except there's no power to the helipad, sir." Goddard said. "We can't get out.

A lightbulb lit up in the Doctors mind as he remembered something. "You said we could seal the vault."

Van Statten nodded to confirm the Doctor claim. "It was designed to be a bunker in the event of nuclear war. Steel bulkheads."

"There's not enough power." Goddard said. "Those bulkheads are massive."

"We've got emergency power." The Doctor reminded them. "We can re-route that to the bulkhead doors."

"We'd have to bypass the security codes. That would take a computer genius."

"Good thing you've got me." Van Statten told her.

The Doctor wondered if he heard him right. "You want to help?"

"I don't want to die Doctor." Van Statten retorted. "Simple as that. And nobody knows this software better than me."

"Sir."

The Doctor looked to Goddard, then turned to the TV screen as the Dalek appeared on the screen. "I shall speak only to the Doctor."

"You're going to get rusty." he replied seeing the sprinkles rain on it.

"I fed off the DNA of Lily Carter. Extrapolating the biomass of a time traveler regenerated me."

Of course. He thought. "What's your next trick?"

"I have been searching for the Daleks."

"Yeah, I saw. downloading the internet. What did you find?"

"I scanned your satellites and radio telescopes."

"And?" He edged on.

"Nothing. Where shall I get my orders now?"

"You're just a soldier without commands."

"Then I shall follow the Primary Order, the Dalek instinct to destroy, to conquer."

"What for?" The Doctor wondered. "What's the point? Don't you see it's all gone? Everything you were, everything you stood for."

"Then what should I do?"

The Doctor had an idea. "All right, then. If you want orders, follow this one. Kill yourself."

"The Daleks must survive!" It protested.

"The Daleks have failed!" He laughed. "Why don't you finish the job and make the Daleks extinct. Rid the Universe of your filth. Why don't you just die?"

It paused. Then said something that made the Doctor's hearts stop. "You would make a good Dalek."

The Doctor sighed when the screen went dark. "Seal the vault." He commanded.