Chapter 24 - regret

Hey guys! Sorry for slow updates, but I have some news! When this book gets to700 reads (if it ever does??) I will post a BTS short story I've been working on which I hope you will read and enjoy!!!! Heheh!
Thanks so much for the support guys love yas all~
India 😘
~~~~~~~~~~
Ji Hee POV
Today was boring. We have already debuted and now where just getting attention and publicity. It's sooooo annoying. Press and reporters everywhere I go. Now I need bodyguards if I want a cup of coffee. Ughhhh!

"IU there's a call for you! It's a man!" My manager calls
"Is it someone I don't want to talk to, like my oppa or old... friend?" I ask referring to my brother and Jungkook.
"No, but he swears he knows you and he's famous so..." she hands me the phone.

"Hello, who is this?" I ask through the line
"Hi, IU! Or should I say Ji Hee!" I gasp, he knows my real name!
"Who is this?"
"Your best friend! You've forgotten me already? Pfffffft thx Ji!"
I stay silent for a minute. No, it can't be!!!
" ok, yes it's me! Come to XXX park, alone!" And he hangs up.

Without thinking, i grab my jacket and a mask and head out. Walking to the park.

Once I get there, I sit on a bench. And just wait.

"Hey! Ji your here!" I turn round, and there is my best friend... Joshua Hong!
"Joshua? Is that really you?" I scream, running to hug him.
"Yes yes! I'm here! I bet you have a lot of questions hey?"
"YES! You left me, with THEM!" He chuckles
"Ok, let me explain!"

In case your confused, Joshua was the only friend I had apart from my unnie/ sister who was there for me. Once she died, Joshua disappeared.

"Well..." he starts " one day, after she died your parents came round our house. I was told to stay in my room but I didn't. I heard that your dad was offering my dad a job in New York. He accepted because your dad was angry and wouldn't take no for an answer. The day we left, I went around to your house" he stops and wipes his eyes that are now flooded with tears. So are myn. " I knocked on the door and asked to see you. T-they wouldn't let me... I tried running in looking for you but all I saw was a glimpse of you at the bottom of the stairs covered in blood and bruises before I was kicked out and taken to the airport." We both are now crying loudly in the middele of the park. "I tried to come back, but I had no money! Then, I moved back to Korea and got spotted by an agency! Looks like our little singing session when we were little paid off and I became an idol. I looked and looked but I couldn't find you. Once I found you old house I went there, but they said you had gone. They tried to bribe me to bring you home!" I look him in the eyes, now scared to death "but I said no! Then, a new group appeared at the MAMAS show. And I was like, wait... she looks familiar!" I laughed slightly.

I missed this! I really missed him!
"I'm sorry, I forgive you! I was just lonely and scared!" I cry, standing up. He stand up too!
"No, it's my fault! Let's not loose contact again! I'm not letting you go this easily! "
I laugh and take my mask off, revealing Ji Hee the school girl. Not IU! I have no make up on but I don't have fake braces. Manager Nim said I don't need them anymore as the make works just fine.

So now I'm just old Ji Hee but in more fashionable clothes. Hehehe

"Wow! I've got to say, you have become very beautiful! I can't believe my best friend is like a model!" I laugh and hit him lightly on the arm.
"I'm not! I just have grown a lot, you should see my unnies! They are amazing, I bet you would like jina! She is cute and quiet but really fun!" I whisper into his ear "and has a thing for cute half American boys"
I see him blush. I lean back and carry on walking. Now where just wondering around the park, just chatting.

"HAHAHAAH THATS SOOOOOO FUNNY!" We hear a girl yell. We both look to where the voice is coming from. But I can't see anyone?

"Uhhm, who was that?" I get a little scared, there people around here too. And it's like 9 at night.
"Shhhh, it's ok! I'll protect you!" He grabs my hand and squeezes gently "even though you could probably beat me up in a heart beat!" I laugh
"Yeah, probably!"