Chapter 9

Once we got back to the boats we went back to our rooms to clean up before meeting up later on the deck for lunch.

Once Vere and I finished our shower we May o n our bed to rest for a bit. "So today was pretty fun," Vere says as she lay on the bed tired. "It really was," I say as I lay under the blankets. "I need to tell you something before I forget," she says getting up from the bed before quickly get under the covers. "What do you need to tell me?" I ask her knowing it couldn't be anything about today since we've been together all day.

"Tyler asked me out," I stand corrected.

"Like on a date?" I ask sitting up quickly.

"Yes and no," she responds and I look at her for clarification. "He asked me out on a date but he also said he'd really like us to be a thing," she says. "Well that was fast," I say. "I thought y'all would be this big awesome friendship but the fact that y'all actually hit it off is insane," I say in complete shock as I drop back onto the bed.

"That's what I told him, so we agreed on going out on a couple of dates to see how it goes," she says and I nod. "Well right now how do you feel about him?" I ask her. "Obviously I find him attractive and I get these feeling when I'm around him, but I just don't want to jump into anything before I'm sure that these feelings are real and not just 'oh my gosh it's Tyler Hoechlin' kind of feelings," she says and I nod agreeing that it's the smart move to make.

"Hey, you never did tell me about what happened between you and Tyler after dinner the other night," I say turning to look at her. "Right, let me call the girls over first because I don't want to tell the whole story twice," she says sounding annoyed but clearly from her smile she's just to shy to repeat it. "Okay," i whisper.

She reached over to the phone in the bedside table and picked up after dialing Holland and Crystal's room number. Holland has answered the phone very confused until explained how the phones worked and told them to come over to our room so she could tell them about her date with Tyler. Well she didn't call it a date, but that's what I am calling it.

Not even a minute after they had hung up the phone, the girls had arrived at our door knocking on the door rather excitedly. We all sat on the bed in a circle looking at Vere ready for her to begin.

"Well, after we finished eating everyone had already started exiting the dinner but before I could follow Tyler stoped me asking if I wanted to walk around the boat with him," she says looking at us with big eyes and reddened cheeks. "I agreed later going to y/n letting her know that I wouldn't be going with her." She paused. "We then walked out towards an area where people were playing mini golf but we were watching out into the ocean, we laughed together, laughed at others, and obviously there was flirting here and there," she said turning away from us and I smiled.

"After talking for a while we went over to the golf course and started playing horribly on purpose, well at least from my part. That's actually how some of the flirting started since I started teasing him about being horrible," she says laughing at the memory and my heart warmed at the thought of Tyler and her together one day.

"Alright, so I told y/n earlier that I don't want to get into a relationship with Tyler until I know my feelings for him are real. But there was this one moment that night where we were about to kiss but some like brat threw a ping pong ball stopping us from kissing," she said extremely annoyed followed by the rest of us shouting a series of 'What' and 'What happened.'

"Well basically the kid accidentally hit Tyler on the cheek with a ping pong ball," she began saying but we all broke out in fits of laughter hearing Tyler was hit with a ping pong ball. "I won't lie in the moment it was funny and we both laughed but now that I think it over, I'm so mad that we were interrupted. We were this close to kissing!" She whispered yelled showing us her thumb and index finger to emphasize how close they were to kissing.

"After the incident we called it a night and well here we are, the end," She says shrugging her shoulders happily.

"If you guys don't end up together, I'm fighting someone," I say as I clutch my pillow to my chest really wanting them to get together already. "I doubt it will come to that but if does, fight him not us," Crystal says sliding a few centimeters away from me and I nod. 

Before we could continue with our conversation the sound of knocking came from the door. Vere got up to open the door before we saw the guys flooding in.

"It's about to get dark out, which means they're about to start playing the movies in the outdoor movie theatre they have on the deck," Posey says as he lays on the bed next to Crystal and Holland leaving room for Dylan to lay next to him between Holland and I.

"Well then we should go now if we want to get good seats," I say as Dylan places his head on my lap placing his right arm over his eyes. "We have time, the movie doesn't start till eight and it's barely and it's barely six thirty," Posey says snuggling up onto one of the blankets and I begin to twirl pieces of Dylan's hair.

"Fine, in that case let's order some room service while we wait," Holland says picking up a journal to write down what each of us were getting. We all begin giving her our order while Hoechlin and Vere decide on what movie to watch while we wait for the food to arrive. After a couple of minutes of arguing amounts each other we finally decided on watching 'The Other Woman.'

I continued playing with Dylan's hair until I noticed him rubbing his temples with his eyebrows furrowed. "Are you okay?" I whisper to him and he just nods. I place the palm of my hand over his forehead instantly feeling him burning up. "Dylan does your head hurt? You're burning up." I say to him before I go back to playing with his hair. "Yeah, but you playing with my hair is making it better," he says and I nod continuing with what I was doing.

"Just go to sleep, I'll make sure they don't play the movie too loud," I whisper to him as I continue playing with his hair and he nods.

I bite my lip considering whether I should ask him another question or leave it as is. I place my hand over his forehead again and notice he was still burning up. "I have some medicine, would you like me to get it for you?" I ask rubbing his temples. The corner of his lips turn downward as he ponders his decision.

"Yes please," he says and I nod getting up to pull out the medicine and grabbing a bottle of water. I walk back over to him and hand him the medicine and the water. After he took his medicine he let me get on the bed first before following me under the covers and lying his head on my lap.

"You know, if it weren't for us just seeing you giving him medicine. That position would look very compromising," Hoechlin says earning a couple of laughs and I smile trying not to laugh. "Thank you," Dylan whispers to me as he plants a soft kiss on the palm of my hand.

"Go to sleep Dyl," I whisper to him.
------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 9 is finished.

I hope you guys enjoy this chapter I know I enjoyed writing it lol.

Omg lets talk about that cute moment in the hall plus that cute moment when Y/N helped Dylan. Im sorry when I imagined it as I was writing it down it was just beautiful.

We finally know what Tyler and Vere did when they walked by themselves after the fancy dinner.

Well I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter till next chapter.

Please vote and comment on your thoughts and opinions I will be more than glad to read them.

Till next chapter
-M

*Edited 04/19/21