Chapter 42

"Hey my sister is here to pick me up, but before I go I wanted to tell you.. don't you dare chicken out of telling your parents about Dylan!" She says as she gets up from the couch. "Trust me I will know if you told them." She adds as I groan slowly dragging myself from the couch to the floor.

"I know." I say with a sign not really looking forward to talking with my parents about this, scared of things going wrong. "Come on it will be fine, your parents already know your dating someone they just don't know who or that it's a long distance relationship." She says. "I guess." I say. "Okay well I have to go before my sister calls to see what's taking me so long." She says as we say a small goodbye and heads out the door.

"Well I shall die today or be as free as a bird." I say out loud as I look over to Boo. "Lets give you some food so you won't be hungry when I'm at my parents house." I say as I feed Boo.

Once I finished feeding her I grabbed my purse, phone and keys.

Once I walked out the door I started the car and headed for my parents house. I decided against calling my brother because I thought this was something I should do on my own. I have to grow up and stand up for myself, not be a little girl that needs her older brother to fight her fights.

As I stop at a red light realization hit me. My parents love visiting relatives, I should've called them before I left.

I quickly dialed my mom and waited for her to pick up.

"Hello." My mom says as she picks up the phone. "Hey mom are you and dad at home?" I ask. "Yes why? Are you on your way?" She says and I nod.

"Yeah I'm close. I'm gonna stop and buy some food, what do you guys want to eat?" I ask as I pull up at the chicken place knowing what she'll say. "Whatever is fine." She says. "Okay mom I'll see you in a bit." We hang up and I pay for the chicken.

~A couple of minutes later~

"Momma I'm home." I yell as I open the door to the house. Yes I still have my old house keys, and yes I knocked before I opened the door.

"We want the house keys back." My dad says with his hand out. "Your funny pa." I laugh as I put the food on the table. "Fine keep them but from now on let us open the door for you." He says with a small laugh. "Okay." I say with a shy smile.

~After a couple of minutes~

"So, ama.. apa. There's actually something I wanted to tell you guys." I say as we finish laughing at a story my father was telling us about. "Que paso?"(what happened.) My mom asks.

"So I know I told you guys about me being in a relationship but I never told you anything about them, which is quite unfair and I think you deserve to know." I say and take a deep breath. "His name is Dylan and we are in a long distance relationship because he lives in California." I say.

"So when can we meet him?" My dad asks. Of course that was the first thing he asks.

"Actually in about a week or so you guys can meet him because he has to go to Austin for work and then he's going to come and visit." I say as I nod my head.

"What does he do for work?" My mom asks.

"He is actually an actor." I say.

"An actor? What type of job is that, that is not a stable job." My dad says with a very serious tone. "But he's a very successful actor apa, and even if he wasn't that wouldn't matter because money isn't everything." I say. "Have we seen him in anything?" My mom asks. "No because you guys don't watch those movies." I say and they nod.

"How long have y'all been dating?" My dad asks.

"For almost a year." I say and they nod as they look at each other.