Epilogue

"That woman is too beautiful to be real," I exclaim to Dylan after passing by a beautiful woman gazing at her feet. She looked to be young, probably still in college.

"Yeah, she's pretty," he says as he continues walking. "Wait, I have to let her know," I say pulling him back. "Please don't, you're going to scare her," he begs me as he tries but ultimately fails to get me to keep walking.

Ignoring his pleas, I pull him with me towards the woman. The woman stopped walking as soon as she noticed us walking directly towards her, the look in her eyes instantly telling me she was confused.

"Hi, I just wanted to say that we thought you look really beautiful. Right, Dylan?" I say to her before looking up at Dylan. "Yes, you're very pretty" he nods before looking away clearly embarrassed.

"I'm sorry about him. He thinks if he calls you beautiful that I'm gonna get jealous," I apologize for him, although he's not wrong, giving her a smile not missing the smile Dylan tries to cover up. Okay, maybe Dylan was right. I probably shouldn't have said anything, I should start listening to him more. "She's trying to get me to break that habit," he looks at her before bouncing at the balls of his feet obviously ready to leave this situation. I'm starting to regret this.

"I just wanted to let you know that you are very beautiful. I believe reminding people that they're beautiful is very important because I know how much I needed a reminder or two when I was younger," I say before a joyful smile grew on her face. "Thank you, I think you're very beautiful as well," she says to me before looking at Dylan and telling him she thought he was pretty as well, we laughed at that one.

After saying our goodbyes we parted ways and continued walking back to our house in California.

"You know she's not wrong," he takes a hold of my hand as we continue walking back home. "About what?" I ask turning to look at him. "That you're very beautiful," he kisses the top of my head. However cliche that may sound any compliment coming from Dylan never fails to make me blush. In an attempt to distract him from my reddened cheeks I flip my hair back with confidence. "Obviously," Is all I say to his complement.

"Come on, let's go home my obviously beautiful wife," Dylan says pushing open our front door dramatically, letting me walk in first .

That is what brought us to where we are now.

Five pregnancy tests later, all with the word 'positive' on them placed right next to the sink, while I sit on the toilet seat processing that I'm actually pregnant. After a whole year of marriage, Dylan and I are going to have a baby.

I can't believe we're basically going to be announcing to our family that we had sex, oh my poor dad.

Besides that fact, I can't stop myself from feeling overjoyed with silent tears rolling down my cheeks. I'm going to be a mom. There is a little baby growing inside of me. I hide the pregnancy tests inside my pants drawers and leave the house in search of how I'm going to announce this to Dylan. Luckily for me he's away at an audition for a new movie, meaning I have a couple of hours to figure out how to surprise him.

I should probably set up an appointment first with my OB-GYN, but I can do it once I tell Dylan.

My first instinct was to drive to the mall and go to the baby section, but I decided against it in fear of someone taking a picture of me causing the word to spread. I can't have the world talking about my pregnancy before I can even tell Dylan myself. So, instead I drove to my nearest Target and went to the baby section. Either way it was a bit risky going to the newborn section, but there's less people here in the morning, especially during the week.

They had a wide variety of clothes, all of which I wanted to take just because they were so tiny. I continue searching through the clothes already carrying a matching set of socks, mittens, and a cap.