Chapter 48

After a couple of minutes of mourning, the Vet began to ask what I wanted to do with her body. It hurt me to say so, but I decided on cremating her and spreading her ashes at the beach. That was one of her favorite places to be at, so it seemed only fitting.

The only moment I left her in that room alone after we had put her to rest was when I had to go pay for the bill. No one amongst ourselves could bring themselves to start up a conversation, but I wasn't complaining, it wasn't what I needed at the moment.

"Here is your paper receipt ma'am, we will call you when you can come pick up her paw print mold along with her-," the man at the counter pauses clearly afraid of saying the wrong thing. "Yeah, I understand," I mutter before walking away with the paperwork. Before heading out to the car I go and take one last look at her. I could only stay for a minute at the most, any longer and I probably wouldn't ever leave.

Silently, we all hop in the car driving to my house to drop Dylan and I off.

Once at the house, I said my goodbye's before grabbing my luggage and walking inside the house, immediately spotting her bed on the floor where I we always kept it.

"I'm gonna go sleep for a bit," I say as I walk to my room not even waiting for Dylan to respond as I softly closed the door behind me. I didn't mean to be rude by not speaking to him, but I just needed to be alone right now. Taking off my shoes I get into bed not even bothering to change, since I had left to the airport in sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

~ 4 Hours Later ~

I sat up from my bed confused or at least that was until I felt my cheeks wet. Remembering the days earlier events, I wiped away the tears and got out of bed. Walking over to my restroom I washed my face and decided to get out of my room.

"Hey." Was the first thing I heard as I walked out the door. Looking up I saw Dylan exiting the kitchen. "I ordered your favorite." He said as I walked over to the kitchen table as I saw two plates from Panda Express. "Thank you." I said as I gave him a small smile. "We're you waiting for me?" I asked as we both sat at the table.

"Yeah, the food got here just a little while ago. I didn't want to wake you, but then I heard you were awake so I was going to let you know." He said softly and I nodded.

We continued to eat silently until Dylan spoke up. "I was thinking of calling in for wor-," he began to say before I cut him off. "No, don't. I'll be fine." I say sending a small smile to assure him. "But I don't feel comfortable leaving you so soon." He says as he takes my hand in his. "Thank you for caring but really I'm going to be okay." I say as I continue eating my food. "Y/N," he begins, "at least let me be here for you when they call you to collect her ashes," he says softly and I nod. "Thank you Dylan."

Ten days had gone by before I received a call that Boo's ashes and paw print were ready for pickup. Just like Dylan said, he stayed with me until her ashes were ready and once we had spread them in the ocean at her favorite beach. Everyone came with us to spread her ashes. I rented out a boat to take us deep into the ocean, after spreading her ashes I couldn't leave before playing her favorite song, which of course being her crazy self was "Who let the dogs out."

~ Time Skip (2 Months Time) ~

"I always knew you'd get married first," I say to Vere as I walk up to her both of us getting ready for the picture. "Oh shut up," she laughs as I join along with her. "But I was right wasn't I?" I say smirking proudly causing her to roll her eyes. "I'm kicking you out of my wedding." She says. "Nice try, I'm your maid of honor." I say before flipping my hair with my now healed arm. Thankfully my injuries had healed quite nicely in time for Tyler and Vere's wedding.